Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Sexiest / ugliest country flags?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I like the Brazilian one... its pretty cool. Good sun vacation colours, the globe in the middle with some sexy golden ratio-ish random belt across it. Some other, more exotic countries also got good flags.

Ugliest... I dunno. Lebanon, why do they have a poorly painted... gran on it?

lebanon-flag.jpg

Also Libyas old one until their shite revolution... which was no wonder by the way, just look at it. Of course the whole population said "plz do something".

flag-Libya.jpg

UK flag is also decent tbh, one of the best in Europe. Like the traditional look but with some extra lines and shit. Swedish one is dull.. but our police cars look good. Always something.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I used to collect cards of Flags back in the '60s. I think you used to buy packets of two. (Cue packets of three jokes!). I can't remember if you got bubble-gum with them or not. I needed Brazil for the set, and after spending a lot of pocket-money on ones I already had, I wrote to the manufacturer who kindly sent me the one I was missing.
There are some very interesting flags. A lot have changed over the years. I quite like Ceylon, Spain, and the uniquely shaped Nepal flag. There's something lovely about the simplicity of the Bangladesh flag.
I always feel sorry for supporters of national football teams who haven't got a central stripe to put their local team on!
This is a good web-site;
https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/flags-of-the-world.html

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Most modern flags are boring, I liked the 15th-19th century imperial ones with double head eagles, dragons, fleur de lies etc.

Sexiest flag is the Lion Rampant but I may be a wee bit biased. interesting flag fact on the Saltire (st Andrew’s Cross), the blue background was only standardised about 20yrs ago and is different shade of panatone than the Union Flag

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Ladies and gentlemen... let’s give it up for NEPAL!!!

D8274B6D-D26B-4689-A85C-5F975E2E85B8.png

What’s that? Rectangular you say? Nah! We’ve our own shape, thanks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My dad is from Switzerland, so I've always really liked their flag. Which is a big plus.

Dec 29, 2011
More flags questions:

The only flag with humans in the design?
The only flag with a cow in the design?
The only flag with a gun in the design?
The only flag with a sword in the design?
Which flag has a different design on each side (face) of the flag?

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Best

1) Dominican Republic - I just enjoy the simple aesthetic with little embellishment
Dominican_Republic.jpg
2) Nepal - originality
Nepal.jpg
3) Bhutan - a standout with real identity
Bhutan.jpg
4) Sechelles - simplicity without being a boring tricolour
Seychelles.jpg
5) Albania - Great two headed eagle on red
Albania.jpg
6) Switzerland - iconic
Switzerland.jpg
7) Ghana - best tricolour with star
Ghana.jpg
8) Canada - can't deny it's great identity, but not in love with the maple leaf design itself
Canada.jpg
9) Barbados - Enjoy a good trident
Barbados.jpg
10) Georgia - St George ++
Georgia.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here