Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sevilla not a big draw or sale of tickets wrong

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would love to go but I'm being dragged kicking and screaming on a camping "holiday" in Yorkshire. Bugger of it is that one of the concessions to me going was that we would pack up early on the Saturday so I could be back in time for the Forest game :shootself

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I guess there is an element of that too, you're right.

Last season was turgid and the morale boost has yet to arrive. #BringBobbyHome

Probably the most frequent incorrectly used adjective on the board!

turgidˈtəːdʒɪd/
adjective
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

swollen and distended or congested.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"a turgid and fast-moving river"[/COLOR]

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Worth going just to see this guy play at the Amex (if he actually does play, of course)

Fun Fact: His name literally translates as Eugene Cannabis Plant. Could be going up against Bong as well :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just cannot muster the enthusiasm for training games, regardless of the opposition. If I don't give a toss about the result, and I know the players don't either, then I end up wondering why I'm there.

I've not yet done an Amex friendly, not even the first one (Spurs ?). I wanted to keep my powder dry for the first pwoper game, and I didn't regret it. Save the friendlies for Lancing, I couldn't give a monkeys.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually, that's a lie. I went to Kuipers testimonial v Reading. But only cos I ponced a ticket to the Bupa lounge, and got wankered.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

turgidˈtəːdʒɪd/
adjective

'Torpid' I expect is the word people are fishing for.

'Torrid' is now used as a mere artistic variation on 'horrid', which confuses the daylights out of me.
If I hear so and so had a torrid second half, I assume he scored a hat-trick or something.

An example --
"I think he [Gus, ed.] might play Reyes at right back because Calderon had a torrid time up there against Chopra."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

turgidˈtəːdʒɪd/
adjective

swollen and distended or congested.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"a turgid and fast-moving river"[/COLOR]

Whereas under turgid in a thesaurus has:-

Turgid - abnormally distended especially by fluids or gasturgid - abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas; "hungry children with bloated stomachs"; "he had a grossly distended stomach"; "eyes with puffed (or puffy) lids"; "swollen hands"; "tumescent tissue"; "puffy tumid flesh"

Now to me that looks like the most accurate description of last season, I've seen so far.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Is the glamour frendly against Sevilla not such a glamour friendly judging by ticket sales or have the club made a boo boo by only selling tickets for the west lower before selling tickets for other stands.Have fans like me thought I will wait for tickets to become available in other sections but until the west lower sells out that will never happen.So you could have a senario of fans wanting to go but don't want to sit in the west lower

I would not have bothered but a mate insisted and so to accompany him, I will go. The excitement of the Amex has inevitably worn thinner and of course after last year's continual disappointment, it is going to take something to bring back the feel good factor. I would also have preferred my usual area in East upper, but well, at least it will be a chance to se the new players and make some sort of judgement, albeit only on a friendly. From the club's point of view, it does give the players the chance to gain an element of match fitness, which no amount of training can give, so in that sense friendlies do serve a useful purpose.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I wonder if the 'glamour' friendly had been against Southampton or Palace there might have been a bit more advance demand for tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah last season was definitely torpid, not turgid.

There was absolutely **** all tumescent about it.

And I'm not bothering with Sevilla either, but like @easy10 I'm not the target market for this either. I'd say that in terms of teams they could have chosen they've done pretty well; if I was into friendlies then I'd really like to see Sevilla.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Briefly discussed this last night at the running thread drinks. I personally have no idea why they only started with WSL open as it sets the expectation of a small attendance. I'm not suggesting they open the whole ground but surely East and West Lower would have been more sensible?

I'm going btw and really looking forward to it. There are six of us and of the other two adults one is a Brighton fan who can't get to many and the other is a Liverpool fan who wants to see Sevilla. I think it's a decent friendly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am off to see Sevilla against Watford with a mate for no cost on the Friday before they play us on the Sunday, so I don't fancy seeing them twice.

Also to be honest, I am sick of football in the summer and much prefer it to all start in September.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here