Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seven Stars Sports Bar

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Would there be another area or space where a further bar could be added? Every time I go it's full up, people queueing to get in or walking away due to the length of the wait. These are fans with money burning a hole in their pocket who want to spend, surely if there is any possibility the club would look to add a further facility.

I'm fairly sure that Paul Barber confirmed exactly this in the Argus's 'questions from Twitter' thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSun3D9CKM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUf-cpC9WAdOsas19JHipukA

Just ignore the constant use of "Brilliant stuff" from the amateurish questioner.

mattricketts

Jul 14, 2010
i thought it was great. went in there with my 8 year old boy and a mate, he played on the football table with some other kids and me and my mate got to see palace lose!
and to top it off on the way out he got to meet ulloa,lua lua, ward, andrews and forster caskey.
i think however you would need to be there early after to get in as fills up very quickly.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Dosnt make any differerence, cos its either full or you are refused entry for not having kids with you.
We used to use it when it was The East Stad Brasserie last year, till it closed.
After receiving the club e-mails before the Donny game, we went and walked straight in, watched Liverpool v Arsenal and enjoyed having a better choice of beers, in a glass, and a pie on a plate instead of the box. Got served straight away, and when they couldnt supply a tray for 4 pints and a coke, the lad behind the bar carried two pints over for me.
Well impressed and enjoyed it.
Thought we would use it on the Tuesday evening for the Leeds game. Arrived at 6-00 only be to refused entry by two different goons on the outside door, saying we couldnt go in without children.
Arguing was pointless, so I e-mailed the club, asking why we are sent e-mails telling us to arrive early and use the bar, and allowed on Saturday and refused on Tuesday.
The reply from James Twiddy, Supporter Services, informed me it was opened as a family bar, and we should use Dicks or the concourses, not possible when our group are in different stands. The facility was opened with supporters with young families.
Then why e-mail season ticket holder inviting us to use it, when the bar is limited to 150 capacity, including children.
Also, when we were in there on the Saturday, I would guess that there were 120 adults, and 30 children playing pool and table football. The annoying thing, as far as i'm concerned
is there are no set rules. There should be a sign outside saying families only, and the e-mails sent out should say no admittance without children.
So, IMHO it isnt brilliant
So my family was OK then...went there to meet my son and nephew....mind you,my son was 49 on the date of the Wigan game....and my nephew who travels from the IOW is 50.
Heard a rumour,don't know how true it was,about opening another bar like Seven Stars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here