Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seven Stars Bar ??????

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
But, all this hoo-hah aside, I really enjoyed it up there and will be returning next week. Probably a touch earlier so we can get a seat. It's also nice they have Amstel, and in a proper glass too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the answer is to close Dicks Bar and revamp it during the summer to make it more appealing to supporters. I do not find it much better than drinking on the concourses and I am sure that I am not the only one who has decided to only stay for 1 beer after the game and then to leave and go into Brighton to have a beer.

I must admit I havent tried the Seven Stars Bar but will do so after the Brum game.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It was my first time in this bar yesterday and I was impressed. It's far more pleasant than Dick's.

Nobody suggested I'd need kids to get in.

I like the decor and the proper glasses, along with "fun" furniture. Definitely a blueprint for what Dick's should be like

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Been in there a couple of times but turned away yesterday as no kids. Not an issue previously. Prefer it to Dick's as others have mentioned. Might have to try that brother with a nephew trick.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
At the age of 57 I cannot be bothered to have any more kids:eek:

I'm 60 now and 2014 maybe a second family....at least I'll get in the Seven Stars/O'Neills etc or whatever it is. ..I've had some great nights in the seventies in 7 stars remember the old spit and sawdust and the Joanna player...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm 60 now and 2014 maybe a second family....at least I'll get in the Seven Stars/O'Neills etc or whatever it is. ..I've had some great nights in the seventies in 7 stars remember the old spit and sawdust and the Joanna player...

I used to go out with a Quid and have either 4 x Lagers or 5 x Milds :drink::)

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Just seen this in Ask The Club, asked by Geriatric Seagull

"Talking of the matchday experience, many supporters have asked for more details about our new facilities at the Amex, the new family sports bar – the Seven Stars – in the East Stand which opened at the Huddersfield Town match before Christmas, will open to supporters. The Seven Stars Sports Bar is aimed at families, including those with small children, and where necessary at busy times priority will be given to family groups as children are not permitted in Dick’s Bar. Inevitably, capacity in both the Seven Stars and Dick’s Bar will always struggle to meet demand so access to both facilities will continue to be on a first-come, first-served basis."

So although it is open to all, it appears priority will be given to those with children at busy times. Seems fair enough to me?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Don't know why they had to change the design of what I thought was quite a comfortable and attractive lounge area into a lookalike tacky betting shop, with tacky unrelated "memorabilia" dotted around....and my daughter very much agrees....could have just added pool table and table football. Would also rather they showed sky sports news for results and Albion related highlights & interviews rather than stream a live Man U game on all tv's for our new generation of fans to watch. Also be useful if one of five behind bar knew what they were doing. Shocking place but little option with children.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't know why they had to change the design of what I thought was quite a comfortable and attractive lounge area into a lookalike tacky betting shop, with tacky unrelated "memorabilia" dotted around....and my daughter very much agrees....could have just added pool table and table football. Would also rather they showed sky sports news for results and Albion related highlights & interviews rather than stream a live Man U game on all tv's for our new generation of fans to watch. Also be useful if one of five behind bar knew what they were doing. Shocking place but little option with children.

I'll put you down as a yes then ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

They do have SSN on a few of the screens. And we're football fans aren't we? Why shouldn't they have the early game (whoever is playing) on in a SPORTS bar? I quite enjoy watching football. Crazy that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here