Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Set-pieces

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
We are missing Murray/Barnes/Ulloa. All 3 were excellent at defending corners but Hemed is not as good.

Burnley were the land of the giants and very route one at the end though. Very difficult to defend against - especially when Ward kept blocking off Stockdale. FWIW, I thought it was a foul on Stockdale before the goal that wasn't but have seen no replays.

Are we a paricularly short team?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
A few observations on corners, we never put a player or two on the halfway line meaning the penalty area is fairly congested, I would be tempted to put two up halfway taking two / three attackers out of our penalty area.
Stockdale never comes off his line so you can hit a corner into the congested six yard area.
Last, we miss the Murray, Barnes, Ulloa type of player winning headers at the front post.
It is an area we need to improve on, however the main improvement would be Stockdale coming off his line.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A few observations on corners, we never put a player or two on the halfway line meaning the penalty area is fairly congested, I would be tempted to put two up halfway taking two / three attackers out of our penalty area.
Stockdale never comes off his line so you can hit a corner into the congested six yard area.
Last, we miss the Murray, Barnes, Ulloa type of player winning headers at the front post.
It is an area we need to improve on, however the main improvement would be Stockdale coming off his line.

I do agree with that, Stockdale has been completely superb but I would have liked him to come and gather at least one of those 9 corners they hit. Also every one of those 9 deliveries was spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I have always said leave 1 on the halfway line but if we left Knockhaert and another short player, who wouldnt win the ball in the box anyway, up it would, as you say, make the 6 yd box less congested so DS could come for the cross easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here