Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seriously ???? Lamptey to Wolves on loan?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I read an article yesterday (by Lallana??,🤦‍♂️ can't remember) saying that Lamptey is the fastest over 20-25 meters but if we're looking at 50-60 meters it could be Estupinan, or its a close race

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He might be, question is if he is twice as fast as everyone else like he used to be
Yep, and that's the point. It was that incredible speed that made him better than anyone else, he really was incredible. Sometimes he'd mis-control it or have a heavy touch but still keep the ball as he'd beat the opposition to it EVERY time.

He's still a relatively pacy player but as doesn't have that astonishing burst anymore, he needs to improve the other aspects of his game that he could get away with before. I think he can still become a top player as he seems a bright guy with a great attitude so I'm confident he can learn the position in a different way to how he played it before but to do that, he needs regular game time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Players get a bit rusty when they aren’t playing regularly though. He’s not really had a run of games to get back up to speed, he might not be as good as pre-injury or he might just need a bit of match fitness. Hard to know.
That's what we could find out with a half season loan starting regularly, perhaps? Italy possibly calling, according to SSN.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
No he wasn’t. End product has always been in need of improvement….absolutely nowhere near a ‘£50m wing back’ in his time with us.

Seems a lovely, committed lad and hope everything works out for him.

He absolutely was. He was incredible, beat his man everytime by miles, assists, the odd goal, won us pens. Was unplayable.
Chelsea fans were going crazy they let him go.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He absolutely was. He was incredible, beat his man everytime by miles, assists, the odd goal, won us pens. Was unplayable.
Chelsea fans were going crazy they let him go.
Odd none of his match ratings or stats back that up :shrug:

A76A790F-8077-4545-A3C9-C02FD9280015.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
TalkSport believe this is being driven by the player / agent. Brighton are reluctant to let him leave

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The stats says his nationality is Ghana , but surely he is dual nationality .... i.e. don't always believe stats .
Goals, assists, pass success etc will be more or less right (if not Tony’s means of operating the club is a bit fooked :lolol:)

I don’t have anything against Tariq but he’s never evidenced being a £50m player for us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am not sure him going is a good thing. He's not the player he was regards speed, but even when he was fast he still wasn't a 'good' defender. His role is and always should be further up the pitch as he still has the right approach i.e. get forward and attack. Certainly should be getting in before we release someone. I am not a sports scientist but is his pace gone for ever or is that something which can 're-develop' , he is still pretty young.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Odd none of his match ratings or stats back that up :shrug:

View attachment 156225
Not sure any of those metrics are the best measure of Tariq's game back then. I'd be interested in...

- Dribbles
- Chances created
- Times fouled

I don't have time to try and dig that out, but a quick lazy search on twitter threw up stuff like...

My own recollections are that he burned off other players for fun, was fouled a LOT and created a fair few chances, although his decision-making and final ball needed improvement.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Goals, assists, pass success etc will be more or less right (if not Tony’s means of operating the club is a bit fooked :lolol:)

I don’t have anything against Tariq but he’s never evidenced being a £50m player for us.
agree, i think people are very quick to mention insane prices ...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Lamptey was involved in 7 goals (winning penalties/free kicks or being one of the last three on the ball) in 11 games in 2020/21 before getting injured... he was at that point the most obvious £50m+ Brighton player I've ever seen.

You said yourself back then that you wouldn't let Lamptey to go for less than £50m.
I don’t think we’ll sell anyone we really want to keep in January, but getting £50m+ in for one of perhaps Biss, Lamptey or White (wouldn’t let any of them go for less) at some point to fund a striker might be an option if we can’t uncover a diamond (or get our current crop firing) in the meantime.
and that
Lamptey and Bissouma will make the club a £100 million profit when they’re sold. If you’re in investment banking and you’re Ashworth and team, that’s at least a £10 mil bonus. I doubt the PL is much different
So why have you now changed your mind to "he's never evidenced being a £50m for us"?

Bloke was absurdly good - some have just forgotten about it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My own recollections are that he burned off other players for fun, was fouled a LOT and created a fair few chances, although his decision-making and final ball needed improvement.
That's how I always saw him. I was waiting for the improvements in the latter two that come with age - and maybe they still will, to replace that absurd pace.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Lamptey possible, Mwepu retired, Tross gone. Surely we are on the verge on bringing at least one more player in?!
Definitely. Already very light in CM. We really can't be letting anyone go. And however anyone wants to re-imagine how good Lamptey is, he's super useful to have in both wing back positions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lamptey was involved in 7 goals (winning penalties/free kicks or being one of the last three on the ball) in 11 games in 2020/21 before getting injured... he was at that point the most obvious £50m+ Brighton player I've ever seen.

You said yourself back then that you wouldn't let Lamptey to go for less than £50m.

and that

So why have you now changed your mind to "he's never evidenced being a £50m for us"?

Edit…CBA

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

and that

Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here