Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious Question. Has Springsteen got a younger rival?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
he's just a cheesey cliché in denim if you want my honest opinion, so yes there are lots out there better

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
Bruce is the greatest live entertainer that I've ever seen in concert, but he's 65. Has he got a younger rival? Jason Isbell is brilliant, but is not in the same league. Ryan Adams is brilliant, but is not on the Same planet. Cory Chisel's delivery is phenomenal, but he delivers a selection of songs that are at best banal. Who is the next Springsteen?

You NEED to get out more ... broaden your horizons ... lol

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
This is not really a direct comparison but in terms of a band or singer known specifically for their live shows the main name that comes to mind for me is MUSE.

Unless you are a muse fan you cant really name too many of their songs but as a live act they are exceptional with a huge following. One of only a few bands that can sell out consecutive nights at stadiums like wembley and just did 5 nights in a row at the O2.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I can honestly say he simply doesn't do it for me. As for him being the grestest live performer? Is that a joke? Not in the same league as the late Freddie Mercury. Not even close

I have spent hours analysing the lyrics to 'Radio ga ga'.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I have spent hours analysing the lyrics to 'Radio ga ga'.

Radio ga ga at live aid is one of the greatest live performances of all time (I feel comfortable asserting that as fact rather than opinion). You don't necessarily need good lyrics for a great live performance.
I would not consider Freddie as a younger rival to Bruce though.

I will answer that question in 30 years.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When a certain poster on here gives me a lift (not very often ) i have to listen to The Boss :lolol: who he absolutely adores , we are almost the same age , though i'm much prettier , yet i cant stand his music , horses for courses he cant stand Duran Duran the bloody heathen .

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
When a certain poster on here gives me a lift (not very often ) i have to listen to The Boss :lolol: who he absolutely adores , we are almost the same age , though i'm much prettier , yet i cant stand his music , horses for courses he cant stand Duran Duran the bloody heathen .

Thats because when we get to Tims your always Hungry Like a Wolf and you eat all the sausages.
So as penance you kop a load of Hungry Heart.:rock:

Off to Wembley in a minute to see The Boss again:bowdown:

Disagree entirely. The entire history of Top of the Pops was everyone, no matter how big or small, lip-synching. And during that time there have always been one hit wonders, bands cashing in on the zeitgeist sounds and then disappearing. Many fall, a few stick around. Nothing has changed in that respect. The medium has changed and there's a lot less lip-synching because most bands aren't on the telly anymore and touring and festivals are how a lot of bands are making their money. It's simply not true that new bands don't learn to play live.

There are also a lot more festivals so bands don't need to play stadia so often. Some bands prefer stadia, some prefer festivals.

This.

I have no problem finding new and exciting bands etc to see and listen to. And Ive never been to a gig where a band's lip synched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here