Serge Gnabry [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Or we just see a way to strengthen the side with an available player?

Didn't we use to have 4 decent wingers and then swap them both around 70mins

I swear Gus did that right at the beginning of the AMEX years. We had Buckley, Noone, kaz and one other.

Now I would see it as Kaz, Murphy, Serge and Knocky?

Vicente ???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We need 4 available wingers. Competition for places is crucial. Notice how Murphy's form has dipped since March and LuaLua got injured.

I don't think that it's the wingers injuries that has constituted a dip in form by Jamie. I think he is still playing well. It is just that now he doesn't have an overlapping full back to give him that extra option. Consequently that makes him a little bit more predictable to full backs he plays against. Also, he is covering a lot more defensively since Calderon is not a s quick as say Bong or Rossenior

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't think that it's the wingers injuries that has constituted a dip in form by Jamie. I think he is still playing well. It is just that now he doesn't have an overlapping full back to give him that extra option. Consequently that makes him a little bit more predictable to full backs he plays against. Also, he is covering a lot more defensively since Calderon is not a s quick as say Bong or Rossenior

Whilst I agree and I knew the point would be made about Calderon, I still feel he has been poor compared to his earlier performances in the season when in good positions to cross the ball.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be fair to Murphy, he has probably played far more minutes in more intensive games than he ever has before. He is probably as much in need of a rest as Kayal and Stephens.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It's West Brom after him, not us, some bell-end linked the wrong Albion! (Again)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Why is it calderons fault for the absolute sitters Murphy missed versus Brentford and Ipswich? Murphy been our worst player for the last four weeks.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Sorry if I was wrong but I was under the impression that Arsenal had recalled him due to him not getting enough game time following his recent injury and Pulis was openly in talks with Arsenal about bringing him back.
He could walk into half the prem squads, to think he would come here is delusional, more chance signing Calleri and that's saying something!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Sorry if I was wrong but I was under the impression that Arsenal had recalled him due to him not getting enough game time following his recent injury and Pulis was openly in talks with Arsenal about bringing him back.
He could walk into half the prem squads, to think he would come here is delusional, more chance signing Calleri and that's saying something!

Have a look at what Pulis said about him. He certainly won't be going back to WBA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports