Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Semi-legendary players who will surely get forgotten over time, but deserve a shout for doing their bit

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
1692902040579.png

Jeff Minton one of only a few 'class' players during the dark days

Attachments

• 1692902042828.png
    1692902042828.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 31

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
One of the best threads for a while. Hope some of the players mentioned are eventually notified of this somehow.

Shout out to Adam Virgo, Wayne Bridge and Sam Baldock

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ian Mellor

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
I’m not having that Peter Smith bashing ! His dreads were only part of his mystique, and his overlaps were legendary - not even semi, absolutely 100% A grade legendary.

I think you need to have a word with yourself tbh…
In all seriousness, the rise and fall of Peter Smith was a bit strange. Joined us from non-league. Player of the season in 94/95. Then he went downhill rapidly. Seemed to completely lose his confidence. I know the rest of the team were also poor, but he was not even close to replicating his form from his first season.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Ian Mellor

Mellor was a great player to have at a great time for us, and he and Peter Ward dovetailed beautifully. Strikers in pairs and all that.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Sam Baldock in our promotion season was so useful. Hemed and Murray were both better than him but didn't really work as a duo and both played better with Baldock alongside them. He was industrious and a bit annoying to play against and was able to find some decent goalscoring form that season which he'd struggled with in the second tier previously

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Doug loft…..just for the joy division song

loft
loft will tear your apart again….

they don’t do songs like that anymore

btw. Whatever happened to krispies

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Remember going to MK dons back in the day when our fans spent most of the game singing if number oneeee was Andy Whing, if number two was Andy Whing

I do kind of miss the days in a way where such a bang average plodder like Andy Whing was a cult hero because of how shite the rest of the team was :lolol:
He’s making a great job of management though. He got Banbury promoted, moved to Solihull Moors, who now sit top of the league undefeated.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think we're close to naming nearly every Albion player in history here!

So I'll chuck in CMS and Abdul Razak for good measure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here