Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Semi Hyypia - useless

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Poor manager, but at least he had the dignity to resign and not hold out for a pay off. How many modern day managers would have done that?
Funny how things change. Last night I had a real buzz compared to the feeling after the Millwall game.

Absolutely agree.

Tone doesnt really have any black marks but one will live with him forever. The day it was announced Sami wanted to resign and news bnroker that we were trying to KEEP him. Massive, massive fail considering Sami should have gone in OCTOBER.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Enough of the sanctimony. I'm not paid half a bar a year to do a job whose product the public pay to watch.

Semi was a useless tosser with no charisma and you only have to look at results to see that. He also probably cost David Burke his job, which is admittedly no loss to the rest of us, but still...

Not sanctimonious at all. I agree he was rubbish, but I don't understand the personal insults like wanker or tosser. He wasn't a wanker at all, was he? He was a very nice bloke. It's baffling.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just can't see the logic of calling someone who is a nice bloke and trying hard but not good enough a ****ing wanker. It's totally illogical and pretty childish.

If he wasn't trying, then fair enough, but clearly was and just wasn't up to it. Comment on his job performance is fair game but personal insults are poor form.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I just can't see the logic of calling someone who is a nice bloke and trying hard but not good enough a ****ing wanker. It's totally illogical and pretty childish.

If he wasn't trying, then fair enough, but clearly was and just wasn't up to it. Comment on his job performance is fair game but personal insults are poor form.

Spot on.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I don't agree with the personal abuse aimed at Hyypia but it has to be said he was poor as a manager, we've now won 3 out of 4 league games since he left and it took Hyypia half a season to get the same amount of wins just goes to show how poor he was and had he stayed I really do feel we would have been relegated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sami was at the centre of a perfect storm of incredibly poor senior managerial decisions. He was badly let down by the club.

We all agree the playing staff is a step backwards.
Not getting an experienced assistant in hindsight was a massive mistake.
The club couldn't keep 'finding managers on the cheap' and all be successful.

All that before we get onto Sami's own screw ups, which as a relatively new manager, aren't hard to find.

As Mello says, blame the performance not the man, but while you're don't don't give those responsible a free pass.

Hopefully a hell of a lot of lessons have been learned, and the Albion will be all the better for Sami's tenure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here