Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling El Abd and not replacing him

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
What a load of bollocks. Maybe if he stayed and played instead of Dunk we'd have never made the play-offs in the first place...

I'm talking about this game in particular. It would have made a difference. If you genuine think it wouldn't then footballs not for you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly. So you don't sell. El Abd would not have sulked and refused to play he was a professional.

You don't have a clue.

1. The club were WELL within their rights to get rid when they did.

2. He can't even get in the Bristol City team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm talking about this game in particular. It would have made a difference. If you genuine think it wouldn't then footballs not for you.

He'd have been an absolute liability against Derby's pace, to be honest.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Letting Barnes go cheaply would seem a far greater mistake than the rather unique circumstances of El-Abd's transfer. Anyway.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
You don't have a clue.

1. The club were WELL within their rights to get rid when they did.

2. He can't even get in the Bristol City team.

Thanks for your opinion but I'm pretty sure I said not replacing has back fired.

So if by me thinking that only having 3 centre backs in a first team squad is bad which makes you say I'm clueless then I can't agree.

I think you may be the clueless one. You think 3 is enough then?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
El Abd was good. But he wasn't that good.

People are clutching at straws here.
Every year one, or at most two, teams walk the league. For the next 10-12 teams, it's a lottery.
You don't always win -- you don't often win -- a lottery.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
If money is the issue, then why the bloody hell are we wasting wages on the likes of Agustein and David Rodriguez?

You can put it any way you like, but the transfer activity at the club is a joke - whoever is responsible needs to be sacked.

Rodriquez was a gamble, it didn't pay off. Agustien is on something called a contract, do you know what that means?

That means 2 or more parties mutually agree a terms and conditions, Agustien is contracted to this club for £Xk a week irrespective of whether he plays for X years. We can't do much if we can't shift him in the transfer window and make a loss on the fee paid for him.

Transfer activity? The activity that majority of the time happened in the last week? Jesus christ, finger waving moron.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks for your opinion but I'm pretty sure I said not replacing has back fired.

So if by me thinking that only having 3 centre backs in a first team squad is bad which makes you say I'm clueless then I can't agree.

I think you may be the clueless one. You think 3 is enough then?

I think you should read back through and see which post I was actually replying to.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I did quote it. Stop being thick.

Again well avoided. I'm clueless and thick because I think 3 CB's is insufficient for a playoff push team.

And the post you quoted I was answering a suggestion that El abd would have forced a move. I said he wouldn't have done. So that makes me clueless.

You have missed the whole point of this thread which is 3 CENTRE BACKS IS NOT ENOUGH

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Selling El-Abd has enabled Dunk who is without doubt our most promising player far more games this season. Arguably it's been our injuries to central midfield that have cost us this season as Ince could have gone back to centre half plus we no longer have a midfielder who gets ahead of the ball to supplement Ulloa.

It's put bollocks to blame the sale of El-Abd the lack of fire power up top plus Crofts injury have been our biggest issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here