Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling Cars

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just out of interest what do WBAC do with all these cars they buy?

carhenge_530.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Got a quote off of WBAC for £4.2K for my old car to get an idea. Put it on eBay with a starting bid of 1p - it sold for £5.5K.

Selling privately is always the best option. I don't have anything against Dealers and companies like WBAC offering 20-30% less than the car is worth; they have to make a profit somehow.

Jul 7, 2003
They sell them - at a profit obviously. I'm guessing it's to a network of second hand car dealers.

I read the other day that WBAC are owned by British Car Auctions so I guess they all go to auction and gain a nice profit as they don't have to pay themselves auction fees.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I read the other day that WBAC are owned by British Car Auctions so I guess they all go to auction and gain a nice profit as they don't have to pay themselves auction fees.

Indeed and the auction fees are quite a bit.

If you've got a car that's genuine just sell it privately and only release the vehicle once you have cleared funds in your account. Only allow collection on weekdays during bank hours, when cash and bankers drafts can be verified

Or if you've got money to burn give it to the cash converters of the motor industry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here