Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell out for Peterborough

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Annoying all these tin pot outfits unable to sell out. Roll on the big clubs
Indeed, although it does seem poor from both clubs in both matches that the ticket allocation hasn't been properly handled, such that partition was possible.

How many columns of seating would be needed to separate Blackpool fans from Albion in reality? Five or six? Not even an entire block. It's not exactly Millwall v West Ham we are talking about here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed, although it does seem poor from both clubs in both matches that the ticket allocation hasn't been properly handled, such that partition was possible.

How many columns of seating would be needed to separate Blackpool fans from Albion in reality? Five or six? Not even an entire block. It's not exactly Millwall v West Ham we are talking about here.

It doesn't work like that, I don't think. Its either 50/50 or nothing. (Might not actually be that ratio - but there is a specific position where the split is made.)

It not only the seating - the stand is partitionned completely - toilets, catering, turnstiles, exits, etc.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
can't help but thinking we will rarely (if ever) see partition used in the Championship and above - simply put, most clubs will bring more than 1000, but probably still leave a lot of empty seats.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It doesn't work like that, I don't think. Its either 50/50 or nothing. (Might not actually be that ratio - but there is a specific position where the split is made.)

It not only the seating - the stand is partitionned completely - toilets, catering, turnstiles, exits, etc.
The opposition has to have 1k or less in the stand for it to be split.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I understood there were 2 splitting options:-

1250 / 1000
1000/ 1250

Same shutters used to divide the concourse. Just the positioning of the canopy across the seats has a little discretion

If that's the case, why are we giving "initial allocations" of 1500 to away teams (source: Sunderland website)? Wemay as well send the whole lot if even this stops any ability to sell part of the South to home fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I am aware the club would have these issues, but am surprised they didn't put in more toilets and catering than needed in that stand to make a partition more flexible than the two specified above.

We could have fitted in another 1500 Albion fans for when noddy clubs like Orient or Palace play us. :nono:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Would be better to have a fexible partition in the south. I'm sure it could be made to work somehow.

Bit of a pisser to see missed revenue for the club when demand is so high.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would be better to have a fexible partition in the south. I'm sure it could be made to work somehow.

Bit of a pisser to see missed revenue for the club when demand is so high.
Ultimately fans want to be part of a big crowd. Nobody likes seeing swathes of empty seats. I wonder whether the club will look into this partitioning in time for next season? Even in the Premiership, clubs like Bolton will travel in similar numbers to Donny on a regular Saturday - we don't want those seats empty then, we're not Wigan.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ultimately fans want to be part of a big crowd. Nobody likes seeing swathes of empty seats. I wonder whether the club will look into this partitioning in time for next season? Even in the Premiership, clubs like Bolton will travel in similar numbers to Donny on a regular Saturday - we don't want those seats empty then, we're not Wigan.

There may be some more flexibility once they have filled in the corners, although the issues of ingress and egress to the seats will still limit flexibility somewhat.

If that's the case, why are we giving "initial allocations" of 1500 to away teams (source: Sunderland website)? Wemay as well send the whole lot if even this stops any ability to sell part of the South to home fans.

I can only assume as they are entitled to. It is a pisser though.

1300 would mean no partition.

Also, we have to remember if we are going to partition, we have to know about it in enough time to sell the actual tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here