Selhurst Park - Worst ground in Prem (since 93) history?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Surprised so many are slagging off Turf Moor, which is one of my favourite grounds. Particularly as there's been no mention of Oakwell or Ewood Park (Selhurst North).
Turf Moor when The Longside and The beehole were terraces was a gem of a Ground.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
And will these Palace fans who say Selhurst has charm and Soul be the first ones on NSC bragging they have the best new stadium ever....if they get one ?
Lovely old stand, designed by Archibald Leitch no less.
Full of character and charm, and still has the original timber ! built to last these old stands.
I'm sure the visiting millionaire owners visiting next season will be impressed to be sitting in such an historic stand.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And will these Palace fans who say Selhurst has charm and Soul be the first ones on NSC bragging they have the best new stadium ever....if they get one ?

We ain't getting a new stadium, hopefully we'll do up Selhurst, our home for many more years.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We ain't getting a new stadium, hopefully we'll do up Selhurst, our home for many more years.

Surely the whole ground will be systematically levelled, with brand new stands (flat pack?) replacing them. The only thing that will remain is the postcode, surely.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Surely the whole ground will be systematically levelled, with brand new stands (flat pack?) replacing them. The only thing that will remain is the postcode, surely.

Holmesdale would stay, once they sort out the indoor lake.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Conversely, The Amex is surely the best ground in England never to have hosted Premier League football?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
This is a pointless thread. In 2002 there were arguments with Reading fans about our team being better than theirs. It was. But they had the better stadium.

I don't like Selhurst particularly but can't be bothered with this Palace obsession. I got dragged to Selhurst in the early 60s by my dad to see Johnny McNicholl, an old Albion favourite, play for them. In those days Palace were two divisions below us and the ends behind the goals were grass banks. So what! The gound had a bit of character and was not unlike the Goldstone or the Valley, I later thought.

Bollox to the Palace obsession but I'll be hoping they're relegated by March next year.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Fratton Park is better than Smellhurt, however Vicarage Road is awful and probably the worst to ever host a Premiership game

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
So fecking what, it's not as if we need to worry about their facilities next season is it!?
Willy waving at its most desperate me reckons ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports