Selhurst Park - Worst ground in Prem (since 93) history?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Blimey - so some Palace actually went to the St Patrick Days Massacre match? Funny as they were not heard that day - and I thought you said you always vocalise your support when losing , you must have been lying or was it the rain ? :whistle:

Hands up we were quiet after halftime. The second goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of the fans as much as the team. No firedrill from us though

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Coincidently, I found this in 90 Minutes magazine (April 1993) this morning:

90minutes.jpg

While the Goldstone at the time was no super-stadium, with its bits of metal sticking out, :bowdown: Philip Close, whoever you are!

The most amazing thing about that is, to me, that 90 minutes caved in and printed that apology. They should have told Noades to **** off!

Unless he said anything worse that is perfectly fair comment, and if the bully Noades had tried to sue he would have been laughed out of court.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hands up we were quiet after halftime. The second goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of the fans as much as the team. No firedrill from us though

Don't fret , there'll be plenty of fire drill practices at Smellhurst next season when the Palacestics leave on 75 minutes.

Oct 25, 2003
selhurst is in an absolute disgrace of an area, but the ground itself is passable...it would probably be in the top 10 worst but i'm not sure about top 5

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Don't fret , there'll be plenty of fire drill practices at Smellhurst next season when the Palacestics leave on 75 minutes.

I don't suppose leaving early affects you as you don't go to games.

On a plus note though, being an armchair fan helps you notch over 32,000 posts on a message board.

Cracking effort.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The most amazing thing about that is, to me, that 90 minutes caved in and printed that apology. They should have told Noades to **** off!

Unless he said anything worse that is perfectly fair comment, and if the bully Noades had tried to sue he would have been laughed out of court.

Pains me to say it (as 90 Minutes was a brilliant read - at a time when Shoot! and Match magazine were turning into mere poster magazines) but 90 Minutes was founded by Dan Goldstein who was a Crystal Palace supporter so they probably very open to printing Noades' rebuttal.

And yes, the rebuttal about facilities does not relate much to the original comment...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't suppose leaving early affects you as you don't go to games.

On a plus note though, being an armchair fan helps you notch over 32,000 posts on a message board.

Cracking effort.
Supporting the Albion since 1971. Get to 8 to 10 away games a season. Will be at The Amex in August to take in 2 home games and staying until the final whistle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The real shame is that you're right The Amex is a good stadium and its got great acoustics just a shame we were never able to hear you there except for the odd Albion chant that went round the ground.
That's based on having gone to the 3-1 win, the 3-0 loss and the 2-0 win. So having heard the Albion Chant and being impressed with it the acoustics can't explain your silence?

Funny that because I've heard you for a collective 20 mins in all 3 games.....

Only because you were locked in - hundreds streaming towards the exits after the third went in - they had to slink back in and stand at the back and watch the full humiliation :clap2:

Don't Agree SOG - You're supposing that they will turn up in the first place !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

So have the Premier League stopped them doing Groupon events next season ?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Perhaps they won't. Either way though we'll still be at Old Trafford when you'll be at Yeovil. Worst comes to the worst and we take a thumping week in week out we can just beat you in 2014-2015 season and we will feel better.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Only because you were locked in - hundreds streaming towards the exits after the third went in - they had to slink back in and stand at the back and watch the full humiliation :clap2:

Out of intrest phallus did you stay till the end on the last meeting ? I just have a vision of you slumped in your padded seat , jesters hat lobb sided across one eye while you manically beat yourself around the head with your clapper. Oh joyous scenes .

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Supporting the Albion since 1971. Get to 8 to 10 away games a season. Will be at The Amex in August to take in 2 home games and staying until the final whistle.

Well done & thank you for your life story. Not the most stimulating read and knowing your penchant for making up facts I'm doubtful of the amount of away games you alledgedly attend however you must feel good after justifying yourself to a Palace fan on your own messageboard.

Out of intrest phallus did you stay till the end on the last meeting ? I just have a vision of you slumped in your padded seat , jesters hat lobb sided across one eye while you manically beat yourself around the head with your clapper. Oh joyous scenes .

It was me Dougie I admit it. The only chink of happiness for me that evening was hearing that your mob failed to muster 2k despite being given the tickets.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done & thank you for your life story. Not the most stimulating read and knowing your penchant for making up facts I'm doubtful of the amount of away games you alledgedly attend however you must feel good after justifying yourself to a Palace fan on your own messageboard.

It was you who dissed me in the first place. Another Nigel added to my ignore user list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports