Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selhurst Park - Worst ground in Prem (since 93) history?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Joint worst with Fratton Park.
I've been to all the other grounds mentioned on this thread and they are nowhere near as bad as these two.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
agreed serioulsy rubbish thread - i would be happy playing at the withdean if we were in the prem and 120 million quid.

Yes, and we could also accept we had the worst ground in Premier League history if that were the case...

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I'll be the first to admit Selhurst park is pretty crap as it is at the moment but presuming the board sticks to its word it won't stay that way for long. For me either Fratton Park or Loftus road is worse and certainly Plough Lane was a dump.

Amex is a pretty decent new ground (not keen on the padded seats but its certainly an improvement on the old wooden chairs in the Arthur) but its important to remember that it wasn't that long ago that you had Withdean.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I'll be the first to admit Selhurst park is pretty crap as it is at the moment but presuming the board sticks to its word it won't stay that way for long. For me either Fratton Park or Loftus road is worse and certainly Plough Lane was a dump.

Amex is a pretty decent new ground (not keen on the padded seats but its certainly an improvement on the old wooden chairs in the Arthur) but its important to remember that it wasn't that long ago that you had Withdean.

Amex and the Withdean are irrelevant - this thread is about Premiership grounds.

Not a willy-waving contest, as I'm fully aware they currently have bragging rights, but a genuine question.

Is it the worst ground to host a Prem team in the Prem era? 1993-now.

View attachment 44159

By ground are you asking us to consider just the actual stadium its self - or its location?

Because if location is taken into account then it's the biggest shithole in the top 2 leagues without doubt.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Loftus Road is pretty bad, probably on par with Selhurst actually - but it isnt the worst.

Turf Moor and Fratton park must be the top 2 worst. Wouldnt say Blackpool's is that bad, sure 1 of the stands is temporary, but it isnt a bad little ground.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
By ground are you asking us to consider just the actual stadium its self - or its location?

Because if location is taken into account then it's the biggest shithole in the top 2 leagues without doubt.

Well if it's location then try looking at Spurs or West Ham in London or about 10 other teams up north. Maybe the Major hasn't attended many grounds?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Have the club started yet on doing the improvements required for Sky, I think the estimated cost at around £1.5/2mill ?

The early work seems to be mainly around cabling, Lots of different regs for TV cameras and their positions in the Prem.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Never made it to the Dell :down: Remember from TV they had a proper weird home end behind one goal, Wonky.

Wonky stands do look funny don't they .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here