Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Selhurst Park "improvements"

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Looks like a takeover could be happening.

Crystal Palace are reportedly on the verge of of confirming a £215million takeover of the club.
The takeover could be finished before Christmas, though the process of the deal is expected to drift into the New Year.

The report also states that the new owners have come from four different groups who were courting the club in the summer.

They included a bid with links to former Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra — and another based in America.

Interest in the summer reportedly stalled when star player Wilfried Zaha handed in a transfer request

However, Palace have started the season well and sit 13th in the Premier League table following yesterday’s unfortunate 2-1 defeat to Liverpool at Selhurst Park.

Josh Harris and David Blitzer, the American financiers who are in co-control of Palace with chairman Steve Parish, have wanted to sell for some time.

It is understood the consortium aims to buy the whole club, including Parish’s 18 per cent holding and the stakes of minor shareholders, at a cost of about £185m.

Clearing £30m or so of debt would take the initial value of the deal to £215m.

A lot of money for the current shareholders. No mention of investment in the actual club.

Assets a playing field with rat infested buildings and a ground with rat infested sheds and Benteke

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like a takeover could be happening.

Interest in the summer reportedly stalled when star player Wilfried Zaha handed in a transfer request

Seriously? potential take overs stalled because ONE player wanted to leave?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Seriously? potential take overs stalled because ONE player wanted to leave?

Yup. But fair enough.
Investors minds: Palace worth £215m.
Parish’s mind: Zaha worth £215m.

Would you do a deal with that shit on table?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm no fan of Palace but that isn't the stand that is being redeveloped.

Hey everybody here comes The Fun Sponge. :lol: :kiss:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
PALACE WANT SAINSBURY'S DISCOUNT
Crystal Palace have held talks with Croydon Council over applying for a compulsory purchase order to secure a piece of land next to Selhurst Park owned by Sainsbury's, whose refusal to sell an area used as a car park is delaying the club's £100m redevelopment of the ground.

The club have been negotiating with the supermarket for years after announcing plans to increase the capacity of Selhurst Park from 26,000 to 34,000 in 2017.

Palace claim Sainsbury's are demanding an unreasonable price and want the council to intervene and force through the sale on grounds that the redevelopment would bring a public benefit by enabling the club to expand their community programmes.

Croydon Council have recommended that planning permission be granted, but Palace must obtain control of the entire site before it can be formally approved.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...enham-make-England-boss-Gareth-Southgate.html

Fans now talking about boycotting Sainsbury's to 'force' them to sell. I'm just popping off to Sainsbury's to get my lunch to bump the price up further!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Crystal Palace have held talks with Croydon Council over applying for a compulsory purchase order to secure a piece of land next to Selhurst Park owned by Sainsbury's, whose refusal to sell an area used as a car park is delaying the club's £100m redevelopment of the ground.

The club have been negotiating with the supermarket for years after announcing plans to increase the capacity of Selhurst Park from 26,000 to 34,000 in 2017.

Palace claim Sainsbury's are demanding an unreasonable price and want the council to intervene and force through the sale on grounds that the redevelopment would bring a public benefit by enabling the club to expand their community programmes.

Croydon Council have recommended that planning permission be granted, but Palace must obtain control of the entire site before it can be formally approved.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...enham-make-England-boss-Gareth-Southgate.html

Fans now talking about boycotting Sainsbury's to 'force' them to sell. I'm just popping off to Sainsbury's to get my lunch to bump the price up further!

Sainsbury's have just become my favourite supermarket.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear

Perhaps we can all have a whip round and donate our Nectar points.....Fans United and all that!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe just wait until the January sales?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Perhaps we can all have a whip round and donate our Nectar points.....Fans United and all that!
They should have used the Double Up thing they did a few weeks ago. The rules were so complicated that car park/football stadium may have been one of the few things that weren't excluded. Although I think it would have had to have been a Sainsburys Taste The Difference football stadium so that would rule Selhurst out. They definitely excluded the Basic range.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Since when did we get all snotty about a club looking to improve its stadium? ???

Don’t have a problem with them doing it, all power to the. Let’s face it it’s years over due.

It’s the arrogance of thinking that they are more important than anyone else and so should only pay what they want to pay.

The total opposite of the SEGW saga where they OMG,signed that he was being undervalued and so were being taken advantage of by bigger clubs with their ludicrously low offers for his services .... I love at bit of hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just shows the lack of business acumen of the Palace board.

Everyone knows that land with planning permission is worth more than without. Also if Sainsburys have to sell part of their car park, this will obviously have a knock on effect on their sales and profit for that store, as customers won't use the store if they can't park right by it.

I would have thought that the club would have sought to fully resolve this issue before announcing their plans and giving the impression that everything would be built by the deadline that the club imposed.

It also makes the club look (even more) silly, as part of the trade off in moving the ultras to the central blocks in the summer was that those effected would have preferential treatment when the new stand opened.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Don’t have a problem with them doing it, all power to the. Let’s face it it’s years over due.

It’s the arrogance of thinking that they are more important than anyone else and so should only pay what they want to pay.

The total opposite of the SEGW saga where they OMG,signed that he was being undervalued and so were being taken advantage of by bigger clubs with their ludicrously low offers for his services .... I love at bit of hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They got all gobby when it was announced and believed any old rubbish their board spouted:

Breaking News: 34k keep up lads.

2- The yanks money for the re developement has been ring fenced since they became involved in the club.

Also its almost as if some on here saw this coming.....

By the way, have they asked the supermarket's permission if they can build over their land? What we will end up seeing is some ludicrous oversized version of our West Stand, cobbled onto that ridiculous barn-like stand at the Holmesdale Road end of the ground, and the rest of the place will barely be any different - including that 10 seater stand behind the supermarket.

Pretty sure thats says Palace are going ahead regardless of Sainsburys?

Its the main stand being redeveloped, so as long as it doesnt impact on sainsburys car park, who cares. Doesnt look like the Whitehorse is being developed any time soon anyway.

I'm not sure Sainsburys will have much say, I believe the only communication with them has been over a very narrow strip of land. The council are the main players, If they want to help, it will get built.

Yes some homes will need to be purchased, Just like most other stadium expansions with grounds in cities around the country.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a contrast in ownership.

The Disney spiv has been trying to flog Palace for years to anyone mug enough to show an interest, conning a couple of fly-by-night yanks along the way who NOW realise they have been sold a pup, and can't get out fast enough. Parish also draws a tidy wage for himself direct from the Palace coffers, and has submitted a back-of-the-fag-packet planning application for ONE stand, that still looks about as likely to get off the ground as Neil Shipperley after another binge at Greggs.

Meanwhile, TB has invested circa £300m into the club he has supported all his life, has no intention of selling, has never taken so much as a brass farthing out of the club for himself, and has successfully overseen the construction of a state-of-the-art stadium and training ground which is the envy of clubs up and down the country.

Just wait for the goonsquad to say otherwise though.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Also if Sainsburys have to sell part of their car park, this will obviously have a knock on effect on their sales and profit for that store, as customers won't use the store if they can't park right by it.

I’m not sure losing four or five car parking spaces out of a total of 268 is going to have that much impact on the stores profitability. :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m not sure losing four or five car parking spaces out of a total of 268 is going to have that much impact on the stores profitability. :)

NSC should put in a higher bid to Sainsbury’s and never sell to Palace.

Haven’t some Chelsea fans done similar with the Stamford Brdge pitch, and stopped Chelsea re-developing?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
While they are waiting for planning permission to build a new Main Stand, how about they improve the view from the Arthur Wait.
Surely a new roof without the girders and gantry would go down well with both home and away fans alike.
What they paying Benteke a year should cover the cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here