Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selfie Sticks

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Here's what you do: throw that piece of **** in the bin and, instead of attempting to document every vaguely interesting moment of your life, live it instead. Stop filming gigs, stop photographing monuments, stop capturing the perfect sunset and just see it. With your own eyes. Enjoy it. Make a memory, don't capture one.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
FFS!!

There is nothing and I mean nothing more irritating to a New York resident than a selfie stick. Just to ensure you maximize the irritation make sure to stand halfway across Brooklyn Bridge (make sure you're on the narrowest part of the walkway on the cycle side) for about 5 mins taking as many inane photos as you can and listening to the swearing from the locals.

Ditto Paris. It's bad enough that my fellow Parisians will often stop for no apparent reason while walking along (I've rear ended two this week, oh er no missus) or block the pavement while they have a chat/fag so you have to walk in the road to get around them, but add to that the trip hazard/obstacle of tourists with their sodding sticks and it makes getting from A to B seriously fraught....I need a beer:cheers:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
what's wrong with a tri-pod and a little remote to take the photo or ask people around to take the photo?
suppose it is easier to carry around

Excuse me old chap here is my iphone 6 (or an expensive camera)please will you stand 10 yards away and take a photo for me?

Thats the last you will see of that phone/camera....

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
FFS!!

There is nothing and I mean nothing more irritating to a New York resident than a selfie stick. Just to ensure you maximize the irritation make sure to stand halfway across Brooklyn Bridge (make sure you're on the narrowest part of the walkway on the cycle side) for about 5 mins taking as many inane photos as you can and listening to the swearing from the locals.

What side of Brookyln Bridge is best?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Was up in London over the weekend and every second tourist seemed to have one of these abominations
I suppose they have a use but they just look so embarrassing

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I just don't get it. Selfies baffle me as it is, much as I like my own glorious face I don't want it to be the focal point of every photo I take.

I know I'm there when they've been taken, I don't need to prove it by making sure I'm in all of them.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
At least with a selfie stick I can read my texts...lol....really must get my eyes tested.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Excuse me old chap here is my iphone 6 (or an expensive camera)please will you stand 10 yards away and take a photo for me?

Thats the last you will see of that phone/camera....

Always get someone Chinese or Japanese to take the shot for you, they literally don't even think of stealing anything.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Here's what you do: throw that piece of **** in the bin and, instead of attempting to document every vaguely interesting moment of your life, live it instead. Stop filming gigs, stop photographing monuments, stop capturing the perfect sunset and just see it. With your own eyes. Enjoy it. Make a memory, don't capture one.

Maybe to give something tangible to look at when the memory fades in old age

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here