Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sehrou Guirassy

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I were to guess I'd say we're looking at him with the idea that he'd take the place James Wilson had this season. Young, quick and inexperienced (but hopefully without looking like he's run a marathon before each game) to be on the bench and putting pressure on the starting strikers.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Are our scouts and QPRs mates? We often seem to be in with them for the same players. Just like with Jiri. Or, do we have a freelance scout in common?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I'm loving the fact we now have the pulling power to see of teams like QPR. If we are looking at him then I'm confident he'll opt for us like Skalak did :)

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Not much to go on here but, if it's down to us or QPR, I would expect him to chose us...

Why?

London or Brighton?

Will they offer a better deal than us?

Although we may look the more likely to go up, doesn't mean a player will necessarily sign.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sure, my point is that a bare statistic of 8 goals in 16 games in that league isn't sufficient to judge a player.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

If he's played that many first team games he's hardly going to be a dev squad player though is he?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[tweet]737664678634082304[/tweet]:shrug:

Has he got a track record this fella or just passing on what the original article said?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't know if he'll be #writeAgain - first place I've seen a transfer fee amount mentioned though

I messaged him - said it was from French article with some 'research' from himself. Of course that research could be typing his name into one of those 'value the player' websites of course :lol: But we'll give everyone the being it of the doubt in the hope they are the next Soccer Sauce :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't know if he'll be #writeAgain - first place I've seen a transfer fee amount mentioned though

PS it's waaaaay too early for [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] & I to start passing on our inside info but I'm pretty sure the thread will re-surface in due course & we will be #writeagain

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
If he's played that many first team games he's hardly going to be a dev squad player though is he?
Why not? We've signed plenty of players for the development squad who've played first team games in inferior leagues.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why not? We've signed plenty of players for the development squad who've played first team games in inferior leagues.

What english division do you think Ligue 2 is equivalent to then ???

How many other dev squad signings have played the equivalent of:

59 games in Ligue 2
8 games in Ligue 1

And scored 14 goals in the process ???

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Not just him. Riyad Mahrez was plucked straight from Ligue 2 and N'Golo Kanté had only one season in Ligue 1 with Caen having played the majority of his career in Ligue 2.

A good place to scout players.

Can be a good place, there's also a lot of dross that should be avoided. You just need to look at the signings made by Villa and Newcastle for evidence of how badly it can work out if not done right.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has he got a track record this fella or just passing on what the original article said?
He's said Elvis Manu is off to Excelsior ( although he's not 100% on that ). No one else has even suggested a specific club, if it happens then his track record goes sky high...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here