Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is what Levy said. I still don’t think he’ll go. But it sure sounds a lot like a GP type manager:

Head coach means Rangnick cant be on the "list" media reported about, he's been outspoken about demanding complete power. Erik ten Hag just signed a new contract with Ajax and I dont think Spurs matches his ambitions. Roberto Martinez... maybe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some managers who have big transfer pots at their disposal find it tough. Could GP make that sort of transition

It's interesting you say that because I do agree with you, but on the other hand those kind of roles are surely becoming increasingly rare, and I'm not sure Spurs is one of those roles.

Gone are the days when Del Boy wheeler dealer types can come in, take full control of the transfer kitty and even make all sorts of dodgy deals to line their own pockets. These days, the transfer kitty isn't so much a kitty as the GDP of Belgium. There is no way that in any well-run club, there isn't a proper process that decides how that gets spent, and the whilst the manager's input may vary from club to club, he is only one person out of several who decide. Our club is case in point I think. Potter didn't find Bissouma, Locadia or Ali J and didn't decide how much they were worth on his own and it probably explains why he's here - he presumably accepts he's only part of the process, and that his job is to coach and manage the team.

The more people who think Spurs shouldnt go for Potter the better. Means its less likely to happen.
I doubt it makes any difference what cerebrally challenged former players from 20 years ago think, however good they once were. Pep Guardiola's won everything, he is current and very relevant - and he rates Potter. I suspect the opinions of people like him carry a lot more weight.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I doubt it makes any difference what cerebrally challenged former players from 20 years ago think, however good they once were. Pep Guardiola's won everything, he is current and very relevant - and he rates Potter. I suspect the opinions of people like him carry a lot more weight.

Totally agree, it will probably have little impact, but on the other hand if Levy is going to continue at Spurs he knows how low his stock currently is & needs to get this appointment correct, and have it be one that the fans are on board with, so he may well be trying to read of the room on the various possibilities.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Arsenal fans onboard the Potter train too. Clearly very confused and deluded to want our terrible manager.

[tweet]1395477503838466050[/tweet]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Arsenal fans onboard the Potter train too. Clearly very confused and deluded to want our terrible manager.

Tbf... they are. But also a blind chicken manages to find corn twice a day.. or something like that.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I think they'll get Martinez. Prem and big match experience, won things, used to managing egos, plays productive football.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

That's some outlay: Areola, Hakimi, Bissouma, Pereira and Buendia must be close to £200m in total.

So much for Covid affecting club's finances

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Written in the stars. Well, Twitter trends...

Home-Twitter.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem for Toronto Spur is that Tottingham can't afford to pay Brighton whatever they want.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know a good therapist if he heads off to Spurs you can book a session with vagabond :wink:

I used to support Spurs as a kid before I moved to Brighton...maybe I’ll disprove my signature....for the second time if it happens :lolol:

I’m certain [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] will come with me :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here