security at the olympics

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
how do people think the safety of the olympic games will go? after the attack on chinese police (which killed 16) who even knows what's going to kick off.

i always though china ruled with an iron first - it remains to be seen how well they will cope with such a massive event

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I just hope that it all goes off without to much trouble. I can understand a demonstration or two, but violence is never acceptable,

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Well when I was in China back in May/June, everywhere you go you had to have your bags going through the bag scanners, even once we had to put our bags through the scanners at the train ticket office.
As for policing, there was and there wasnt much of of a police presence if you know what I mean. There were obviously lots around the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, but else where there were very little policing to be seen.
I would expect it all to change though now with police on pretty much every corner.

in a way, I wish I was still in Beijing right now for the Olympics, but in a way, I dont think I would cope living in Beijing much longer than I did (6 days).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports