Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ‘Security’ at the Amex?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
It was always about revenue protection despite the rhetoric. Palace don't punish their fans our board can't wait to punish ours.
Brighton fans are easy targets with the constant threat of bans. Away fans are too difficult.
It will always be the same whilst Barber is here and Adrian Morris (Manchester United fan) is head of security.

Biased bollox, in my opinion !

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hasn’t that happened all season, when there’s been a genuinely large attendance?

En route to the NS, we see vast, slow moving ES queues.

Then we waltz into the NS, every time.

Nope this was much longer and slower than usual.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It's incredibly easy to smuggle pyro into the ground, the only way they can stop it is by having sniffer dogs at every entrance or they strip search every fan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That Brighton fan muppet that ran from the East stand infront of their fans is probably pissed off. Running infront of their fans taunting them only to get the goal disallowed.

Then when they scored, one of their fans ran on the pitch and in front of the East, only to evade the stewards and dive back into their fans.

There was trouble in the SW corner, all kicked off when we scored the disallowed goal, their fans crossed the covered seats and the old bill came in.

The stewards dived in to get that CP t@sser.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure we can be on the high horse here considering the flare lobbed onto the Stamford Bridge pitch...:amex:

We’re not comparing fans here, but security. We don’t seem to be able to stop the HF from doing whatever they please including hundreds getting in for free. If I were PB, I’d be asking why we aren’t able to prevent a list of offences every visit including Fridays.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's incredibly easy to smuggle pyro into the ground, the only way they can stop it is by having sniffer dogs at every entrance or they strip search every fan.

Perhaps, when you compare draconian 80s measures like having to leave your shoes outside the Goldstone (never forget that sight!) then a sniffer dog(s) for the Palace game knowing it’s going to happen is probably ok. Also, with all the CCTV how on earth can’t they ever grab the oink responsible? Pyro’s do seem to be going off every game, around the country, now when it was once in a blue moon before. Maybe football is unable to prevent. Seems that way.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I got told of by a jobsworth steward for looking out of the window of WSU after the game. Proper shouty told off. Can you believe it??

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Were you watching the pikey’s leave?

Well, yes. But no need to get all officious and shouty about it, surely? What on earth did she think I was going to do from my elevated, behind reinforced glass, sound proofed position? We were actually trying to figure out when we might be allowed to leave our hideous beer and cider sodden prison that was WSU concourse

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, yes. But no need to get all officious and shouty about it, surely? What on earth did she think I was going to do from my elevated, behind reinforced glass, sound proofed position? We were actually trying to figure out when we might be allowed to leave our hideous beer and cider sodden prison that was WSU concourse

I’ve got a video from that concourse of the hooded twats arriving for a game, either the Sept 2011 Muzza show or May 2013 play off semi games.

Stewards weren’t bothered, 75 feet up behind glass, no consequences.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Strangely, I wasn't searched going into the ground - the first time this season. Nor was anyone else by the looks of it. It seems a strange match to ease up on the security but no harm came of it - it would have been terrible if someone sneaked in a bottle top.

I wish I'd brought in my hip flask though ... if only I'd known that I'd get a clear run

I do it every game!!

Barber can stick this policy, the amount of spills in the North with drinks being kicked over is justification in my eyes, not paying over the odds for a soft drink and then having it accidentially knocked over

Anyway, back to the thread.......my search entering the North around 7pm was cursory to say the least - you could have got a lot of stuff in last night if you were that way inclined

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I got told of by a jobsworth steward for looking out of the window of WSU after the game. Proper shouty told off. Can you believe it??

Yes I can believe it.

This happened to me after the game against Palace just before the 2020 lockdown.
I was by the window looking at my phone and had a drink on the shelf, a steward asked me to move away from the window, I asked him why and was told the palace fans are going to be marched round, I said “ not up here “
I told him to go away as I’m up here minding my own business and not outside causing trouble.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best "security" moment last night was getting into the WSU. We are wearing hats (because it was cold). Get told to take them off. Why? "it's the Palace match so so facial recognition. You should know that".

Some random in the queue - "was there an 8 page email from Paul Barber?".

Then we get to the gates and get asked to put our masks on :facepalm:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Best "security" moment last night was getting into the WSU. We are wearing hats (because it was cold). Get told to take them off. Why? "it's the Palace match so so facial recognition. You should know that".

Same for me.

Both me and my son(7) had to take our hats off to 1) show we had nothing underneath them and 2) because they are using facial recognition technology.

I pointed out that I’m wearing a mask so don’t see the benefit, was told it’s “policy”

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I had to remove my woolly hat for the search which I understand. Then I was asked to remove it at the turnstile as I went through and was allowed to put it straight back on again. What was that all about?

EDIT: Sorry, just seen the above!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Upon entering the WSU I also got asked to take my hat off but told to keep my mask on. I couldn't see the logic behind this as there wasn't any. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here