Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secret Santa nightmares

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Yup. He got fired for gross misconduct and now a reminder is issued to all staff in the Xmas lead-up of the need to observe all company policies on expected behaviour etc (or 'best not call your boss a c*** in front of everyone')

Why didn't everyone just deny knowing who it was, That is what pisses me off at work theres always someone who'll bloody grass soemone up even though i bet the snitch was laughing their head off about it at the time. The biggest lesson anyone can learn at work there is always soemone willing to put teh knife in.

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
My boss got the Chef at work a Celtic Calendar a few years back, he's a Rangers fan lol

It took me a lot of persuading to get him to agree to joining in the Secret Santa this year

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why didn't everyone just deny knowing who it was, That is what pisses me off at work theres always someone who'll bloody grass soemone up even though i bet the snitch was laughing their head off about it at the time. The biggest lesson anyone can learn at work there is always soemone willing to put teh knife in.

The recipient wouldn't let it drop, so everyone who went had to be questioned. He coughed very quickly.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Participated in this at work this year for the first time, against my better judgement.

I bought my recipient 2 bottles of Wolf Blass - one red, one white. Something I would have been happy to receive and I know they will be appreciative of.

I recieved ... a 'novelty' Henry Hoover (about the size of a tin of tuna) that works off a AA battery. Lobbed it in the bin on the way out of work.

:rant:

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Do you do secret santa in your office? What's the best/worst thing you've ever received?

I've been drawn a Crystal Palace fan in our office.....:ffsparr:

This person is not my boss, but he is more senior.....

hes a palace fan just get him another asbo

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I went down the bah-humbug route this year and didn't take part. I got a lot of stick for not taking part but years of me buying Wine and decent gifts and getting a pair of pink fluffy handcuffs in return have taken their toll on my patience!

Inevitably I got my revenge when several of my colleagues foolish enough to take part got items such as £10 worth of bread, a plastic wallet and a small whip in return for their £10.

I doubt I'll bother next year either :)

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
The Christmas Knees Up with Chas and Dave is a winner. So much so I bought one for myself 😀

£3.99 at the time

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was involved in an investigation in my last firm (under the disciplinary process) where a manager unwrapped, in full view of his team at the Xmas party, a mug with his picture on it and the words 'I am a c***' underneath.
Did you until recently work for the Albion? and don't tell me it was Hypia that took offence to his secret santa gift.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did you until recently work for the Albion? and don't tell me it was Hypia that took offence to his secret santa gift.

Sadly not. They'll be selling mugs like that in the club shop soon, Barber won't pass up the opportunity to make a few quid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's GDC Secret Santa day today. I imagine the Tramp Juice is already flowing. I, on the other hand, have to go to town with every other poor sod in the world and buy some "Clarins" whatever the heck that is.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Magnificent effort by a young Indian offshore worker seconded to our large UK team just before last Christmas. Shy and bashful lad was eager to fit in, so, after having had Secret Santa explained to him, he drew out the name Bernadette, a fierce and humour-free Irish manager that nobody liked. As is commonly the case with UK/Indian teams, names can be a bit tricky to work out. He'd never heard the name Bernadette before, though he did know that the deli across the road from the office was run by a chap called Bernard. So he just assumed, fairly logically, that Bernadette was just another form of Bernard. And he'd probably have been ok - if he'd bought her anything other than a shaving kit! :laugh:

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's GDC Secret Santa day today. I imagine the Tramp Juice is already flowing. I, on the other hand, have to go to town with every other poor sod in the world and buy some "Clarins" whatever the heck that is.

My modus operandi on that sort of thing is to go to Boots and loiter near the Clarins counter looking pathetic. Usually a very nice lady will come and help and get me exactly what Mrs P wanted in the first place :thumbsup:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My modus operandi on that sort of thing is to go to Boots and loiter near the Clarins counter looking pathetic. Usually a very nice lady will come and help and get me exactly what Mrs P wanted in the first place :thumbsup:

my other half has it nailed down for me - I went to France on a day trip a few weeks ago and she wanted some specific beauty bits. So she emailed me what it was called, pictures of what it looked like and how much she wanted me to spend (eg if it wasn't €x cheaper then don't bother). Between that, my broken french and a helpful french lady we nailed it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I believe Clarins is something that does the same job as a bar of imperial Leather but at 20 times the price.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
A couple of years ago, I was given an outsized pair of Pot Noodle underpants, with the legend "Ready in 5 minutes" emblazoned across the back. Suffice to say I have not participated in Secret Santa ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here