Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secret Millionaire - Croydon

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Dunno who else saw this, but they did the Secret Millionaire in Croydon on Monday

Compared to Brighton which came across relatively well, Croydon comes across as a shithole full of absolute degenerates

Good work, Channel 4 :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much was he worth, a tenner?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Yeah, I saw it.
The Millionaire gave far too much money away to the locals....although it was a right proper shithole though!

I would love to know if 'Frank' is still employed by that removal firm?? I very much doubt it...!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When I saw this thread I thought it was all about CPFC2010 :lolol:

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
All depends on what part of Croydon they used. Anything south of the centre is OK/nice (S.Croydon, Sanderstead Purley etc.), everything north is crap (West Croydon, Thornton Heath etc., not to mention Selhurst :D).

I used to live/work in the area for a few years so I know the shite bits and the good bits. Avoiding the bad bits like the plague and staying in the good bits is not a bad life but not a patch on home that is rural Sussex. Glad I left in the end. :D

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I really liked the millionaire, was a real character. And the community projects he gave to I thought were very worthy. Irrespective of wether it's a palace area, kids who need help and most importantly WANT help to stay off the streets and stay straight should get this support. But that Frank lad was an absolute tool. All nice off camera then threatening to burn the bloke and larging it up in front of his mates. I really wanted to smack the little prick, I very much doubt he's still employed by that house clearance guy and has probably burnt his house down by now

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Ironically there's not a lot of Palace fans in Croydon which is bizarre, most of us are in Surrey and Sussexthese days, yes that's a compliment to your home county...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Did they get him down Smellhurst to try and pounce some money to do up the toilets in the away end, I heard they got a bit damaged last season. And going on the rest of the place I expect they are still the same.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ironically there's not a lot of Palace fans in Croydon which is bizarre, most of us are in Surrey and Sussexthese days, yes that's a compliment to your home county...

Should have to renounce palace before being granted right of abode in the kingdom of Sussex.

:)

Compared to Brighton which came across relatively well ...
... even though the generosity of the secret millionnaire who gave £12,500 to the Towner Club, which supports people suffering from dementia who are under 65, simply resulted in the Alzheimers Society closing down the Towner Club?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
... even though the generosity of the secret millionnaire who gave £12,500 to the Towner Club, which supports people suffering from dementia who are under 65, simply resulted in the Alzheimers Society closing down the Towner Club?

That didn't go in to the episode! What's the story with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here