Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secret Footballer - "If I were a youngster, I’d look at Brighton as an ideal club..."

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Absolutely. It's a Guardian journalist living in Brighton, as most of them do.

They often have trouble with fantasy and reality. I remember photos of a hove school pupil being an 11 year old inner city London Gang boy in the Weekend magazine section.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Its Kitson. He was outed a couple of years ago after a Danish TV crew tricked him into confirming that he holidayed there as a child, something the Secret Footballer had written about. I read his Guardian columns and have read the second book. That makes for particularly good reading when you know its Kitson as he talks about his time at a club that is obviously Portsmouth. He doesn't seem to have a lot of time for Michael Appleton.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Comments aren't moderated very swiftly..

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I personally believe its Dave Kitson.

However some people have muted it could be Danny Murphy. Which is a good shout - did he ever play at Withdean? With Fulham possibly?

Mooted (spelling police :thumbsup:)

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
He's an interesting chap Kitson. An absolute tool on the pitch but quite a likable and intelligent gent off it.

He's not that intelligent. One of his stories was mooring his Yacht outside a Marina restaurant, sat down for lunch, then came out of the restaurant hours later to see the tide had gone out.
What a tit?!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Two or three make sense to me too.

There's also the Sh*te Football Journalist.
My money is on [MENTION=12805]Hove[/MENTION] Born and Bred for that.

Corrected for you :thumbsup:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
all day long I'd biddy biddy bum, if I were a youngster now. I wouldn't have to work hard etc

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He's not that intelligent. One of his stories was mooring his Yacht outside a Marina restaurant, sat down for lunch, then came out of the restaurant hours later to see the tide had gone out.
What an tit?!

I've done similar. Make of that what you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here