Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second Tier of Football - Unbeaten in the league from the start of the season

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
The other things to consider are :

a) we are probably stronger now that when we started the season - a fit (phwoar) and scoring Bobby, new boy Wilson, only negative is Lua Lua and Left Backs so in theory we should improve for rest of season

b) we could / should have had a few more wins out of those draws (Bolton, wolves maybe), although you could probably counter that with the Leeds / Charlton / fulham wins

c) given where we are so far, this would seem to be the season for Bloom to go for it in January with a further substantial opening of the money box, to strengthen even more as insurance for a couple of bad injury's / suspensions or actual improvements - I'm sure most of the other top 7 will be, so we need to spend just to stand still comparatively. Easier said than done though.

d) we need to get knocked out FA Cup immediately (my preference would be just to withdraw now :) )

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Even now, Brentford are the only Championship club who can say that they beat us the last time they played us.

Oh yes. I got me looking. Interestingly, the last current Championship team to beat us was Rotherham United.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we were Burnley / Hull / Derby or Boro we would be absolute shoe ins for the League title and promotion.

Quite strange not even our own supporters think we will do it. (although belief starting to be heard which is only a recent thing)

I don't care which team it is, a 2 point lead is a looooong way off being a 'shoe in' for the title pal!!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think the record means that much. Like som other poster have said. It will mean very little unless we convert it into a play of place. Or even better, Automatic Promotion.

My question is this though.

When it ended and if it happened at The Amex. Would you

1. Wait around to ensure you applauded the team off the pitch

2. Be so disappointed that it had come to an end that would be rushing to get out to drown your sorrows

3. Be thinking that's the end of the run. I cant see us achieving our ''Goal'' now

?????????????????????????????????????????????

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think the record means that much. Like som other poster have said. It will mean very little unless we convert it into a play of place. Or even better, Automatic Promotion.

When it happened and if it happened at The Amex. Would you

2. Be so disappointed that it had come to an end that would be rushing to get out to drown your sorrows

3. Be thinking that's the end of the run. I cant see us achieving our ''Goal'' now

?.... ?.... ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

When it ended and if it happened at The Amex. Would you

I'd be thinking the next 20+ match unbeaten run starts next game !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Graham2

Oct 25, 2003
Just to remind everybody because I'm really proud of this team
Albion are currently 3rd in the record books for best "second" division team in history unbeaten from Match 1!
AND best ever start in the championship
It goes Albion 20 unbeaten since start of a season - West Ham record near and if we beat that the post both wars record!!!!!!
A reminder:
Sunderland 18 unbeaten in 1998 then lost their 19th
QPR 19 unbeaten in 2010 then lost their 20th
West Ham unbeaten in 21 in 1990 then lost their 22nd
Nothing else near in any season until way back in 1893-4 when Liverpool won the 2nd division by going unbeaten all season - 28 matches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here