Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second Team

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Now as of late with the world cup being on and getting the chance to watch a fair bit of it, like most people I have adopted a second team, however the team I have adopted as a second team are (arguabally) better than England. I have decided Argentina are my second team, for the way they play football and because their attacking style is second to none.

But here in lies the problem, my friends have told me I am a traitor, a scumbag and a variety of other terms, merely for wearing an Argentina shirt and aplauding their goals. So i guess my question is does following a second nation SHOULD Englands campaign fall apart make me a traitor? Has any one else got a second team?

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
My 2nd team is Italy, it always is during the world cups and euro's, it has been since i visited there on a school exchange in the 90's

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Redhead said:
. So i guess my question is does following a second nation SHOULD Englands campaign fall apart make me a traitor? QUOTE]

Yes

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
if u follow thm then u r a traitor. to look out for their results and hope they do well in general is different.

why have u opted for the corned beef argies?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
When England get knocked out I find it too difficult to really support any other team.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Redhead said:
Now as of late with the world cup being on and getting the chance to watch a fair bit of it, like most people I have adopted a second team, however the team I have adopted as a second team are (arguabally) better than England. I have decided Argentina are my second team, for the way they play football and because their attacking style is second to none.

But here in lies the problem, my friends have told me I am a traitor, a scumbag and a variety of other terms, merely for wearing an Argentina shirt and aplauding their goals. So i guess my question is does following a second nation SHOULD Englands campaign fall apart make me a traitor? Has any one else got a second team?

HTF can you wear an Argentina shirt? Would you wear a Palace shirt?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, you are absolutley right, Argentina play in stripes and in a way that the "world class" English midfield can only dream about. I have always enjoyed watching them play, even Maradona made up for being a f***ing cheat with the way he exposed the donkey English defence for the 2nd goal. I so want them to beat the Krauts and for us to meet them again. I will, of course be supporting England that day :rolleyes:

Eyties, Krauts, Brazilians (only because so many hangers on wear their shirts) and Portugese do nothing for me :salute:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd recommend not wearing an Argentinian shirt around town during the World Cup. Unless you were thinking of trying out having a differently shaped head.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Easy 10 said:
I'd recommend not wearing an Argentinian shirt around town during the World Cup. Unless you were thinking of trying out having a differently shaped head.

So your saying I shouldn't wear my Argentina shirt out tonight?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Trinidad n Tobago.Certainly not one of the last 8 big guns.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Redhead said:
So your saying I shouldn't wear my Argentina shirt out tonight?
Well, if you feel you MUST then its better tonight than tomorrow I suppose. Worthing casualty is absolute murder on a Saturday night.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes you are a traitor, If you had picked anyone other the the Argies/Germans then it would be ok but those 2 or no no's

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I couldn't give a toss about ANY other team once we're knocked out. I know who I don't want to win the World Cup, but as far as actually having another country as a 2nd team - why its as alien to me as the 4th moon of Jupiter.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
DAMANCLAY said:
Yes you are a traitor, If you had picked anyone other the the Argies/Germans then it would be ok but those 2 or no no's

Why? I mean surely historically speaking our rivals are France, Scotland and the other home nations, if your talking in terms of a dispute over the Fawklands, then surely we should hate Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran as much as Argentina?

And in footballing teams we've been cheated by the Portugese as much as we have the Argentinians.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Downloaded Penguin said:
When England get knocked out I find it too difficult to really support any other team.

When England get knocked out I find it too difficult even to watch the rest of the tournament. Once England are out, the World Cup will be over for me and I couldn't care a shit who wins it to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here