Second Goal by Spurs was a foul

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graham2

Oct 25, 2003
I was bang opposite the cross to Keane and shouted for a foul by Defoe on Hinsh. Seeing it on TV confirmed. I was a bit surprised no Albion players complained...perhaps I am the only one who saw it.

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
I thought it was a foul by Defoe at the time and seeing it on the telly confirmed my view???

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
There were a few unpunished fouls yesterday and we were the beneficieries of our share of them. Bummer that it lead to a goal, if it hadn't no-one would have remembered it. On the whole I thought the Officials were excellent yesterday and made a pleasant change from the fuckwits we get at Withdean.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Graham2 said:
I was bang opposite the cross to Keane and shouted for a foul by Defoe on Hinsh. Seeing it on TV confirmed. I was a bit surprised no Albion players complained...perhaps I am the only one who saw it.

I shouted foul and the ref ignored me

Hungry Joe said:
There were a few unpunished fouls yesterday and we were the beneficieries of our share of them. Bummer that it lead to a goal, if it hadn't no-one would have remembered it. On the whole I thought the Officials were excellent yesterday and made a pleasant change from the fuckwits we get at Withdean.

Apart from Carpenters booking which was ludicrous. Before our goal, Keane stood in front of the ball for ages. He then kicks the ball at Carpenter 2 seconds after the award of the free kick. 2 bookings for dissent and not booking Knight and the guy who got revenge on Knight in the first half was very poor.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norman Gall called it on SCR but I thought he was probably imagining it as he talks so much rubbish

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Norman Gall called it on SCR but I thought he was probably imagining it as he talks so much rubbish

LOL, he always sounds to me like one of those rambling old drunks you see on park benches.

He's a real life version of Grandpa Simpson, or Uncle Albert.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Re: Re: Second Goal by Spurs was a foul

Stinky Kat said:
I shouted foul and the ref ignored me

I expect you were drowned out by the majority of the Spurs fans who were making some noise for only the second time in the afternoon.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The Great Cornholio said:
Apart from Carpenters booking which was ludicrous. Before our goal, Keane stood in front of the ball for ages. He then kicks the ball at Carpenter 2 seconds after the award of the free kick. 2 bookings for dissent and not booking Knight and the guy who got revenge on Knight in the first half was very poor.

Agreed. The fact that they stick out as poor decisions in a way reflects the decent game the Officials had. I'm used to trying to recall a couple of good decisions a game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports