Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

second dummy question - printer.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
following on to my dvd thread from a few days ago i have now broken the printer beyond repair.

i would like to buy a 'wireless' one. do i need a wireless print server and a printer. or can you buy a printer that has it all in one?

we have a linksys router here. i'd like to be on the laptop in the kitchen, hit print and for the printer in the office print the page out?

can i do that? and what should printer should i get? it will only print black and white word type documents, no photos or anything.

apologise already for the recent dumb questions from me. mrs starry should be back living here by next week and we'll be back to her doing all this.

thanks.

paddy

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
following on to my dvd thread from a few days ago i have now broken the printer beyond repair.

i would like to buy a 'wireless' one. do i need a wireless print server and a printer. or can you buy a printer that has it all in one?

we have a linksys router here. i'd like to be on the laptop in the kitchen, hit print and for the printer in the office print the page out?

can i do that? and what should printer should i get? it will only print black and white word type documents, no photos or anything.

apologise already for the recent dumb questions from me. mrs starry should be back living here by next week and we'll be back to her doing all this.

thanks.

paddy

I have recently been working with some HP K550 wireless printers which have a wireless Jet Direct card. Try that but I suggest Googling Wireless Printers as well.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
thanks bha. i found a hp one that seems to fit the bill. my work has closed down for christmas now but i think i am going to get one of the computer tech people to deal with this. technology has never been my strong point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here