Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second biggest attendance in the country on Saturday

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I don't know if anyone has mentioned we had the second biggest attendance of the day in England, only behind Manchester United. Not too shabby.

Manchester United v Fulham...........72,596
Brighton v Arsenal.........................27,113
Norwich City v Luton Town.............26,521
Nottingham Forest v Watford..........20,732
Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wed.....20,292
Wolves v Blackpool....................... 20,100
Stoke City v Manchester City..........19,814
QPR v MK Dons.............................17,081
Reading v Sheffield United..............14,715
Derby County v Blackburn Rovers.....14,013
Middlesbrough v Aldershot...........¦,.12,684
Bristol City v Ipswich Town.............12,662
Huddersfield Town v Leicester City...11,945
Burnley v Birmingham City...............11,576
Hull City v Barnsley.....................¦...9,932
Macclesfield v Wigan Athletic............5,849

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only just pipped by Utd as well

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I don't know if anyone has mentioned we had the second biggest attendance of the day in England, only behind Manchester United. Not too shabby.

Manchester United v Fulham...........72,596
Brighton v Arsenal.........................27,113
Norwich City v Luton Town.............26,521
Nottingham Forest v Watford..........20,732
Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wed.....20,292
Wolves v Blackpool....................... 20,100
Stoke City v Manchester City..........19,814
QPR v MK Dons.............................17,081
Reading v Sheffield United..............14,715
Derby County v Blackburn Rovers.....14,013
Middlesbrough v Aldershot...........¦,.12,684
Bristol City v Ipswich Town.............12,662
Huddersfield Town v Leicester City...11,945
Burnley v Birmingham City...............11,576
Hull City v Barnsley.....................¦...9,932
Macclesfield v Wigan Athletic............5,849

Why is every one so obsessed with attendance,am i the only one who goes to watch the football you lot in the NSC clique all seem to be looking at the rafters and counting the fans in the stands, fcuking embarrassing if you ask me

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why is every one so obsessed with attendance,am i the only one who goes to watch the football you lot in the NSC clique all seem to be looking at the rafters and counting the fans in the stands, fcuking embarrassing if you ask me

Because it shows that we have a decent set of players that loads of people want to support?

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering

The biggest clubs get the biggest attendances and followings so its a very good way of seeing how we are progressing and how successful we are becoming!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We keep playing well I believe we can attract more fans I know of families wanting to come for the first time and many old fans who just need to get back into the habit . The new seats wil help to add to the atmosphere and in turn they will want to keep coming once they have been once. I can't wait for the next home game. Thanks Dick Knight for saving our club and thanks to Tony Bloom for building a brilliant stadium and for the new training ground very exciting times ahead.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nowhere near as embarrassing as most of your posts, you have no idea what a sour arse you come across as obviously.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

This, alongside working out how loud the away fans are.

Dktr Faustus

Feb 14, 2012
Worthing
Only just pipped by Utd as well

I know it's all about tickets sold these days, rather the bums on seats, but watching the FA Cup highlights on ITV last night I thought parts of Old Trafford looked really empty. Maybe our real attendances were closer than these figures suggest as there certainly didn't look to be too many empty seats at The Amex yesterday, not from where I was sitting.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
It will be virtually impossible due to the smaller away followings. But if we surge into the playoffs the last few home games could see similar gates just from our own supporters. :)

That's not necessarily true as our status increases other teams will be more keen to bring their fans. I mean Wrexham really brought a good following to the Amex last January, very good fans and would love to host lower teams like them again.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
When I buy my paper the next day I read most of the reports then I see how well teams are doing with their support. I look from the prem all the way down to the conference. Done it since I started watching the Albion back in 81, maybe it's just a habit but do enjoy looking at how teams are doing crows wise.

D

Deleted member 18477

Surprised man Utd got so many actually. A normal premier league game in the FA Cup and it was on TV.

It's like us playing Barnsley at home with it being on TV as well. We'd struggle to get 20,000. I take it man Utd reduced their ticket prices...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Portsmouth got nearly 11,000 and Bournemouth nearly 9,000.

I would say that Bournemouth are perennial underachievers and their area could support a Championship side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here