133 to go.

Still hoping for lots of rain.gif tommorow

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
50 partnership for Cook and Ali :clap2:

52 runs, 11.5 overs, RR: 4.39 (Cook 20, Ali 24)

262-6, 105 more runs to go...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh no :nono:

Alastair Cook drags Marsh on for 96... thick inside edge driving through the offside to reach his century... how disappointing.

351 minutes, 233 balls, 13 fours, a captains innings if ever there was one... leading from the front.

He can hardly drag himself through the Long Room :nono:

266-7, 101 to go with only Ali and the tail to try and wag a bit.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There must be some very embarrassed batsmen watching this who know they let their team down.

1-1 after Lords and if we can play test matches in Wales ,Durham and Southampton, why should we keep playing at Lords with our awful record there? Tradition ? So what?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 284-7 passed half of the Aussies score :clap2:

Tea on day 3

285-7 (83 overs)

Ali 38* Broad 4*

Only 2 wickets in the session, 104 runs, 26 overs. Not bad at all.

larus

Target is 367 to avoid the follow on. Throws question into the Aussies plans then. What is a sensible target on a good pitch. Set a target which is gettable and give them more time to get us out, or set a higher target wghich takes a bit more time out of the game.

I don't think the ones who failed first innngs will fail again. I still think we'll save the game. But, I am an optimist !!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think the Aussies will enforce the follow-on. We just need to bat on for as long as possible in these benign conditions. I'm interested to see how Moeen does against the new ball.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It is the age-old equation between runs and time left in the game.

Every minute our tail bat will make it more difficult for Clarke to bat again. They will want at least 450 lead and 4 sessions if they are to bat again and then bowl us out.

At the moment that is easy enough... 180 runs in 3 sessions... but every minute and every run shifts that balance.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Moeen gone.. trapped in front in the crease... Hazlewood well pitched up... surely out.

39 from 56 balls, 5 fours and a six. Good effort for a number 8.

294-8, lead 272

That tips it in favour of Clark batting again... and getting England back in early afternoon tomorrow.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's going to come down to whether England can bat out 5 sessions on a slow and low pitch. Ultimately I think it will come down to the second new ball of England's second innings.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wood cleaned up by Hazlewood... off stump flattened.

Defo no need for Clarke to put us back in now... plenty of time for them to stick 450 on the board and leave 4-5 sessions to put us under the cosh.

306-9, 260 behind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here