[Cricket] Second Ashes Test - England vs Australia - Lords

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think that they will declare to have 45 mins at England tonight, I hope not I hope they see the day out then declare overnight. We have to then dig in and try to still be in bat at lunch the day after tomorrow (4th day) let the runs come as they do dont chase them just occupy the crease.

I will eat my hat, your hat, and Matt Prior's sweaty old England cap if they bat the day out :laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Broad gets his 4th and the declaration comes. Waste of time that was.

566-8 declared from 149 overs at RR3.79.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Broad gets his 4th and the declaration comes. Waste of time that was.

566-8 declared from 149 overs at RR3.79.

I agree. If you have 3 wickets available you could crash 40 runs in 15-20 mins, go past 600 and dishearten the opposition. As things are, England had a decent session there, took the wicket straight away and are feeling a lot better than they might have been.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't we just fast forward to the bit where we're 40-3 and Joe Root comes out?

Oh, and as regards the debut keeper Nevill and byes I'll go for 26.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just got bore the Aussies to death. Don't even think about the runs required, leave everything that is possible to leave and bat for as long as we possibly can.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just got bore the Aussies to death. Don't even think about the runs required, leave everything that is possible to leave and bat for as long as we possibly can.

This is where cricket becomes a simple game. There's no demons in this pitch so just bat sensibly and put the bad balls away when they come.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As I said after Lyth's century against the Kiwis, he would get found out against the Australians. I have doubts about him as a long term Test opener.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
As I said after Lyth's century against the Kiwis, he would get found out against the Australians. I have doubts about him as a long term Test opener.

The problem is, they have chopped and changed that opener position since Strauss retired.

In hindsight, Compton was probably the best option, whilst limited shot wise, he was tough and did not give too much away.

Robson, well the fact he has been poor for Middlesex says it all.

Lyth still deserves time, however not sure what the next option is. Hales opens in the ODI’s but whether he is a test opener is a question. I would say the same was said about Trescothick when he was in the ODI side and that worked out rather well…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports