[Cricket] Second Ashes Test - England vs Australia - Lords

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As a casual watcher of cricket I can see why Test Match cricket is losing popularity, this is pretty dull stuff.

I understand why you would prepare a pitch like this, but surely matches like this will drive people towards the shorter format?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As a casual watcher of cricket I can see why Test Match cricket is losing popularity, this is pretty dull stuff.

I understand why you would prepare a pitch like this, but surely matches like this will drive people towards the shorter format?
It will. Hopefully the pitches for the remaining games might be a bit more sporting. Although, we haven't seen England bat yet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It will. Hopefully the pitches for the remaining games might be a bit more sporting. Although, we haven't seen England bat yet.

From my limited knowledge, if Australia get around 600 which looks completely possible - all England have to do is avoid the follow on and it's a draw

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Been a while since we've had a pitch as dull flat and boring as this. Both pitches for the New Zealand series and the one for the first test produced exciting enthralling result matches in different ways. Last summer only 2 of the 7 test matches in England were drawn.

14 test matchs in 2015 around the world, only 3 have been drawn. It is the frustration of test cricket we get pitches like this, but dull draws aren't as common as you might think.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Been a while since we've had a pitch as dull flat and boring as this. Both pitches for the New Zealand series and the one for the first test produced exciting enthralling result matches in different ways. Last summer only 2 of the 7 test matches in England were drawn.

14 test matchs in 2015 around the world, only 3 have been drawn. It is the frustration of test cricket we get pitches like this, but dull draws aren't as common as you might think.

Indeed. Games like Cardiff are more frequent than this now, thankfully.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just need to chip away at them here. Restricting them to sub 550 is still game on in this match. NZ got 523 here and still lost at the start of the summer.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Blowers just said "Clarke was out, pulling at Wood" :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is ominous... Broad clatters Marsh of an inside edge for just 12.. didn't look to bounce much :nono:

442-5

Starc and Johnson will have woken up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports