[Cricket] Second Ashes Test - England vs Australia - Lords

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Difficult not to see a comfortable Aussie win here. A good toss for them. As flat as the pitch is, it will break up by the fourth day, regardless. Lyon will be a handful.

Not so sure. Held up well against NZ, only the first morning and Day 5 did it look a problem to bat on. Day 4 England scored 355 runs for 4 wickets, with Cook getting 162. It still wasn't that bad on Day 5, just that NZ gave away some poor wickets and succumbed to the pressure.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not looking forward to this today. I reckon Aus will be looking at racking up 500+ and declaring around tea for a bowl at us tonight. Although, as Botham just said on Sky, if we can then bat long and get to the point where we avoid any potential follow-on, it pretty much guarantees a draw.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
First session of accumulation out runs, an afternoon of bat-flailing, 600+ by tea and a declaration. We then need to be batting well into Sunday. Hopefully will be quite boring and we walk away at 1:0. I'm not confident.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sunday could help....

sunday.JPG

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks... especially with that ****wit Warne in the comm box... golf on... cricket with the sound off just in case something interesting happens.

Really? You don't want to know anymore about his trip to Vegas? How he got on, how far he got, how he felt when he lost. I thought he was incredibly restrained in not talking even more about himself....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This match has draw written all over it, I'm struggling to see the Aussies taking 20 wickets on this pitch myself.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Really? You don't want to know anymore about his trip to Vegas? How he got on, how far he got, how he felt when he lost. I thought he was incredibly restrained in not talking even more about himself....

It says it all that I would rather listen to Peter 'boring old fart' Alliss whittering on about nonsense from yesteryear than that Aussie ****.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It says it all that I would rather listen to Peter 'boring old fart' Alliss whittering on about nonsense from yesteryear than that Aussie ****.

I actually recent met "BOF" at the Seaford Head GC clubhouse opening and found him far from boring, in fact charming and helpful, happy to have himself "selfied" for over two hours with the locals. Knew a lot about local golf and my elder brother's course where my bro was a member for 50 years and got down to +3 at one stage.

Also spoke out in his address of opening about the takeover of sports by Sky. A thoroughly decent old cove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports