Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Waiting List?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Had a couple of years in the wilderness due to kids but took us two seasons to get back in during covid. Was told by club there’s normally a 2-3k churn each year but this accelerated for obvious reasons at the time and we got back in a year early.

My youngest signed up for A+ for the 23/24 season and was offered a ST but they were in a different stand to us, so we passed them up. Technically he is on the waiting list for next season

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I didn’t renew my season ticket (I was due to be going to an overseas role for 18month), by the time I went to renew they were sold out. So I got MyAlbion membership and I’m sure it said something about being first in queue for season tickets for 24/25.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Had a couple of years in the wilderness due to kids but took us two seasons to get back in during covid. Was told by club there’s normally a 2-3k churn each year but this accelerated for obvious reasons at the time and we got back in a year early.

My youngest signed up for A+ for the 23/24 season and was offered a ST but they were in a different stand to us, so we passed them up. Technically he is on the waiting list for next season
I’ve been away from the Albion for 4 years in april signed myself the mrs and my 8 year old to memberships in late April when st went on sale it allowed me to buy 3 st which I did so as long as you got the memberships it will be fine as long as you are quick on the 1st day of sales

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
My God, l've heard of optimism , but . . .
Is it that crazy though? We’ve qualified for it from one of the toughest leagues in Europe so we should be better than most teams in it.

Also it’s the only competition we’re in without Man City (assuming they don’t finish 3rd in their Champions League group).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After last season’s glorious endeavours I’m surprised that there has been little difficulty for some in obtaining season tickets. I suppose the problem would be where you choose to sit (or stand). I am lucky I am surrounded by family and friends (well, I think they are!) and that makes the whole football watching occasion more enjoyable.
There’s always churn. Sadly my mate gave his up this season due to financial reasons after 8 seasons, just as we got into Europe. :down:

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Just a note about waiting list, just be aware others may have been able to get one easily this summer, doesn't mean there isn't a waiting list.

For example, there might be 10,000 fans on there who will only actually want to buy one should we reach the CL or sign Ronaldo or something insane like that. Or they're on a wait list but couldn't justify the spend this summer for obvious reasons. I guess the wait list rules mean each season, they will get first dibs, and may well decline every season and remain in their place with the STs then going to "general sale"

Just saying!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is it that crazy though? We’ve qualified for it from one of the toughest leagues in Europe so we should be better than most teams in it.

Also it’s the only competition we’re in without Man City (assuming they don’t finish 3rd in their Champions League group).
And, bear in mind West Ham got to a final last year and both Fulham and Middlesbrough have got to the Europa league final.

Seems to me that the waiting list can't be all that long seeing as how HALF season tickets are advertised just about every single season. Pretty sure the couple of kiddies directly behind me in the North that bought two of those in January will have now converted those into full STs and will be back for the Luton game
Do they ever offer them for the first half of a season?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just a note about waiting list, just be aware others may have been able to get one easily this summer, doesn't mean there isn't a waiting list.

For example, there might be 10,000 fans on there who will only actually want to buy one should we reach the CL or sign Ronaldo or something insane like that. Or they're on a wait list but couldn't justify the spend this summer for obvious reasons. I guess the wait list rules mean each season, they will get first dibs, and may well decline every season and remain in their place with the STs then going to "general sale"

Just saying!
If someone is on the waiting list they can only defer signing up for 1 season. If they defer and then don’t get a season ticket the next season they’re back to the bottom of the list. It’s not possible to wait season after season at the top of the list.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The 'safe' way back in is to get a ST at the half season point. You are 'in' thereafter.
But surely half season tickets are only available when STs are not all taken at the start of the season? This year, for the first time that I’m aware of, all season tickets were sold out before the start of the season (in fact, before the end of the previous season). If all ST places are sold I wouldn’t expect many half STs to be available in the new year. Might possibly be a handful of ST holders asking the club to refund the second half of the ST due to death or serious illness or leaving the country through work etc, but relatively few.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Might possibly be a handful of ST holders asking the club to refund the second half of the ST due to death or serious illness or leaving the country through work etc, but relatively few.
If we’re not 9 points clear of Man City and through to the knockout stages in Europe, I expect several thousand to be available 😉

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
But surely half season tickets are only available when STs are not all taken at the start of the season? This year, for the first time that I’m aware of, all season tickets were sold out before the start of the season (in fact, before the end of the previous season). If all ST places are sold I wouldn’t expect many half STs to be available in the new year. Might possibly be a handful of ST holders asking the club to refund the second half of the ST due to death or serious illness or leaving the country through work etc, but relatively few.
I've got no idea why, but you see it every season. Personally if I dipped out and wanted back in, the half way point seems a sensible way in because it must be less of a bun fight. The basis being some will wait to see how the season pans out. That said, I appreciate the issue of which division is less of a concern now but I take nothing for granted.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've got no idea why, but you see it every season. Personally if I dipped out and wanted back in, the half way point seems a sensible way in because it must be less of a bun fight. The basis being some will wait to see how the season pans out. That said, I appreciate the issue of which division is less of a concern now but I take nothing for granted.

And we almost always have a good second half of the season - missing out the difficult October and usually meh December 🤨

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You’ve seen it in recent seasons because season tickets haven’t sold out. This year, they have. So it’s unlikely they would need to offer them. So the only route is joining the waiting list , becoming a member , or hoping they will go to general sale next season when of course you’ll have less choice with stands or seats. There will be churn - but it’s harder than in previous seasons so advice on this thread along lines of don’t worry about it - they are always flogging them - won’t apply.

Last edited:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
waiting list priority order this spring was Albion+ members with most points getting highest priority i.e. access to buy a season ticket site first

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
waiting list priority order this spring was Albion+ members with most points getting highest priority i.e. access to buy a season ticket site first
So if I give up my season ticket with 245 season ticket points and get a membership instead will I have any membership points?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So if I give up my season ticket with 245 season ticket points and get a membership instead will I have any membership points?
You lose your season ticket bonus points instantly but would retain your loyalty points (away and cup points) and they would be deducted next season in the usual way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here