Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Waiting List

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Agreed, but not all on the 'waiting list' will take up the offer of a season ticket if offered.

Loads of people in my old workplace who are 'members' who (rightly or wrongly) only go occasionally have not accepted the offer in the last 2 seasons because they can't commit to every game.

I wonder how many of the 7000 or so classified as being on 'the waiting list' would actually take up the offer if made to them.

My two sons and I, all currently at about 3,500 or so, won't - we can't currently justify the expense or time commitment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My two sons and I, all currently at about 3,500 or so, won't - we can't currently justify the expense or time commitment.

Even if you could, when you reach the top of the list there may not be three tickets together available.

Or, if there are, they may not be in an area you want to sit in (eg front of ESL - you'll get wet, or central WSL - no concession prices).

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
One of our group isn't going to renew their season ticket and my son is on the waiting list (currently somewhere around the 150 mark). I want to get the seat for him when the opportunity comes but it's highly unlikely to happen as seats not renewed get offered initially to STHs that want to move so it's likely to be taken by someone else. So he would have to get a seat somewhere else on his own which is no good as obviously we want to sit together. And presumably I wouldn't be able to move if this happened as the window for that would have passed!
Anyone had any experience of how this can work?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really don't think there will be a huge drop-off in season ticket applications if we get relegated, and I suspect most fans will welcome some - or all - of the following:

1. No VAR.
2. 4 more home matches.
3. Less pissing about moving the kick-off times for the TV audience.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
A bit like the "sold out" games when there's single tickets available on the exchange that are often NOT sold - do people on the waiting list really buy a ticket to sit on their own with strangers somewhere in the ground?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Even if you could, when you reach the top of the list there may not be three tickets together available.

Or, if there are, they may not be in an area you want to sit in (eg front of ESL - you'll get wet, or central WSL - no concession prices).

*PB reads this and comes up with new waiting list idea:

Four lists, you pay for each one, 1 seat list, two together list, three together etc etc

Coming in 2021

Not near a Vegan list
I didn't vote leave list

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whilst I get why we need / have a ST waiting list, it has always irked that Barber charges fans to go on the waiting list. That just seems wrong when the club retains seats for matchday sales to the football tourists. If all seats were put up for ST purchase then the list wouldn't be as long as it is.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Maybe . But we were on an upward path then .Now we have experienced “The big time “ not so sure we would have one again in the championship but could be wrong .

I think you might be surprised. Obviously I'd love us to stay in the PL for the clubs benefit financially, but if we go down - I don't care. I loved the Championship when we were in it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wasn't there a waiting list when we were in the Championship?

No. At Christmas in our last season in the Championship you could still get a half season ticket without any waiting. It was only after it was pretty much a certainty we'd get promoted all season tickets sold out.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst I get why we need / have a ST waiting list, it has always irked that Barber charges fans to go on the waiting list. That just seems wrong when the club retains seats for matchday sales to the football tourists. If all seats were put up for ST purchase then the list wouldn't be as long as it is.

A lot of those seats are the ones that the club needs to give to away fans in Cup matches if a club takes the full 15% allocation it is allowed to.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I really don't think there will be a huge drop-off in season ticket applications if we get relegated, and I suspect most fans will welcome some - or all - of the following:

1. No VAR.
2. 4 more home matches.
3. Less pissing about moving the kick-off times for the TV audience.

Hmmmm...

I really don't like VAR but it doesn't stop me from going.

MORE games are moved in The Championship, I think?

There are loads of evening KOs in The Championship, which is pants for those of us with kids (especically when not living close).

Of course, season ticket apps won't drop immediately after relegation as we all sign up in March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here