Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket seat position EXCHANGE

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
My wife and I used a lift yesterday after some grief by stewards. Since signing up for WSU my wife has got a bad slipped disc and is having an op this week.
When I went to WSU familiarisation I mentioned this to powers that be and was told it was ok to use lift for one of occasion.
When we arrived yesterday stewards did not want to know and kept saying "you were told when buying tickets that lifts were not available".
After repeating many times her disc has happened since ticket purchasing and that we were told we could use lift yesterday they grudgingly relented.
Many people are at some time going to have a problem getting up those stairs so a little help in future for everyone in need would be appreciated.
Not a moan just a take on an unfortunate incident.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another moan! :facepalm:

Come back when you have learnt to read properly and digest what you have read.

This wasnt a moan just expressing a view that I wouldn't be going up to the WSU due to the stairs as I am unable to walk up there. The point about escalators at The Bernabau was again just asking a question would the cost to have installed them been very high in relation to the cost of the stadium.

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
sam i meant would the club let u swap

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
My wife and I used a lift yesterday after some grief by stewards. Since signing up for WSU my wife has got a bad slipped disc and is having an op this week.
When I went to WSU familiarisation I mentioned this to powers that be and was told it was ok to use lift for one of occasion.
When we arrived yesterday stewards did not want to know and kept saying "you were told when buying tickets that lifts were not available".
After repeating many times her disc has happened since ticket purchasing and that we were told we could use lift yesterday they grudgingly relented.
Many people are at some time going to have a problem getting up those stairs so a little help in future for everyone in need would be appreciated.

The stewards employed by our glorious club realy are tos5ers ,there lives must be realy dull during the week.The only excitement they get is ruining our enjoyment on a Saturday afternoon.Can someone at the club sort them out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This. When I went to the WSU on Sat I saw a poor old boy with a walking stick STRUGGLING a step at a time. Surely the stweards could have offered him the use of the service lift.

Im quite happy to go bounding up the stairs but for the few who cant I see no reason why they cant use the service lift.

I went up to the WSU for a drink with my sons and the stairs were a killer the only thing stopping me asking to transfer my 4 tickets from WSL to WSU but I am sure that I saw a lift is that not available. I am rather surprised the club didn't install escalators like the Bernabau where they are set one way for entry then reversed at the end of the game. No idea what the extra cost would have been just liked it when I went to watch Real Madrid.

I think the bigger problem is that of space. If you notice some of the stairs from WSU to the ground are actually double staircases. So as you go down there are others going down who you can see across the rail but you are actually both on separate staircases. Quite a neat trick.

Escalators would need to be massive (see Wembley/Terminal 5 etc) and would need the whole of the back of the stand to be pushed out further to prevent the concourses from being swallowed up. Also would be a nightmare when they broke down and we'd need backup staircases as well for emergencies.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
i too saw the old boy struggling up the stairs - in fact I was right behind him for part of the way. I thinbk the club shoulkd pup some benches at appropriate landings for people to sit down and rest if needed because it is quite a clim b up to wsu

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I was just thinking that it might be nice to arrange a one-off exchange with some folk from NSC to sample the ground from a different seat for a single game.. I'm in the East and get a glorious view of the West stand and we're close to the action, wonder how many North/West Stand folk might want to experience it for a single game? Meeting beforehand and then after to swap the tickets. Guess we'd need to make sure that there's no outstanding money on the season tickets tho :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here