Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some absolute divs in our support.

Clueless

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you take your ticket/card back to the ticket office, show it is in good clean condition, but no longer works, there surely there is no way they can charge you for a new one. Of course, if your card has been bent, split, cracked or otherwise damaged in some way, then it's hardly a suprise that they are going to charge you the full cost of a replacement is it?

So which was it?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If you take your ticket/card back to the ticket office, show it is in good clean condition, but no longer works, there surely there is no way they can charge you for a new one. Of course, if your card has been bent, split, cracked or otherwise damaged in some way, then it's hardly a suprise that they are going to charge you the full cost of a replacement is it?

Did this last season myself and the club just issued a replacement gratis.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
In the interest of balance ...

My season ticket stopped working last November, it wouldn't let me through the turnstiles and I had to be 'manually' let in by one of the stewards. They informed me that the chip had stopped working and that I should go to the ticket office for a replacement. I did just that, prior to the Millwall game I went into the ticket office told them what had happend and was promptly issued with a new card.

At no stage was I charged any fee of any sort. In fact there was no mention of a fee.

I guess this might suggest a couple of things; Charging for a replacment card (when your existing card has stopped functioning) is a new policy since the 18th December or there has been some sort of misunderstanding in getting your new card. Either way I think you need to challenge the Ticket office especially if it isn't your fault that the card stopped working ...

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Have just got this from the terms and conditions. seems like i got a good deal with only paying £10 and it is in fact £25

Lost, Damaged or Stolen Smartcard Season Tickets
25. If a Ticket Holder forgets to bring his/her Smartcard Season Ticket card to a Match, the Ticket Holder may be required to show identification to a Club official which confirms that the user is the Ticket Holder, including proof of address. In such circumstances the Ticket Holder will then be issued with a replacement ticket and the Smartcard Season Ticket will be deactivated for that Match. If a Smartcard Season Ticket is recorded as having been used to access the Stadium, the Club will not issue a replacement ticket for that Match. Ticket Holders will be charged the then applicable non-refundable administration fee, currently £5 for the first reprinted ticket prior to issue, and £10 for each subsequent replacement ticket prior to issue.
26. The Club does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged or stolen Smartcard
Season Tickets and the Ticket Holder is responsible for all activity associated with his/her Smartcard up to the time of proper notification to the Club: (i) in person at the Club ticket office; or (ii) by calling 0845 4961901 during Club office hours. Once the Ticket Holder has notified the Club, the Club will deactivate the Smartcard. e-cash balances on the Smartcard at the time of deactivation will be, at the Ticket Holder’s request, either (i) transferred to a new Smartcard subject to payment of any applicable replacement fee or (ii) refunded subject to paragraph.
27. In the event that a Smartcard is lost, stolen or damaged, the Club will issue a replacement Smartcard Season Ticket to a Ticket Holder subject to: (i) (in certain circumstances, and at the Club's discretion) the requirement that the Ticket Holder of a damaged, lost or stolen Smartcard Season Ticket attends the Club Ticket Office in person to collect such replacement Smartcard Season Ticket and provides the Club with satisfactory evidence of their identity; and (ii) payment of a fee to the Club (unless the Club in its absolute discretion decides to waive such fee) and the level of such fee shall be communicated to the relevant Ticket Holder at the relevant time. The current administrative fee to issue a replacement Smartcard Season Ticket for a Smartcard Season Ticket that has been damaged, lost or stolen is £25.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Following on from the T&Cs above, as we agree a new contract each season and it is not a continuous running contract then are we legally entitled to a new smart card each season, therefore basically allowing us 1 free replacement each season. Defination of damage can be a difficult subject ot tie down its obvious if you have put the card through a mincing machine but what if the internals are damamged with no visible signs. As some have said I am sure the club will listen if is a genuine case and you dont take piss.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I guess this might suggest a couple of things; Charging for a replacment card (when your existing card has stopped functioning) is a new policy since the 18th December or there has been some sort of misunderstanding in getting your new card*. Either way I think you need to challenge the Ticket office especially if it isn't your fault that the card stopped working ...

* Or the op is not being entirely open about the circumstances of the damage? In my experience with the ticket office over a long time, they've never been anything but helpful.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
* Or the op is not being entirely open about the circumstances of the damage? In my experience with the ticket office over a long time, they've never been anything but helpful.

Couldn't agree more. Thats certainly my experience as well ...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Went up to stadium yesterday to get my season ticket replaced because the little electronic chip had broken some how, so I went to to assuming the replacement would be free of very little money got up there they accused me of breaking it and charged me £25 and they said sorry its not us that sets the rules it's Paul Barber this is a digrace I've been a season ticket holder for 5 years and considering I'm only 17 I can hardly afford it any barber is a joke get him out now!

Next time just say it's club policy - makes it more believable.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Isn't it sad that this board has become so cinical that people automatically assume that someone who appears to have a grievance is immediately assumed to be a liar.

I am sure it wasn't always like this.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Isn't it sad that this board has become so cinical that people automatically assume that someone who appears to have a grievance is immediately assumed to be a liar.

I am sure it wasn't always like this.

Well, I think there is a little context here. The "Barber is a w@nker" brigade are pretty voicferous right now and this seems to play to their prejudices. It is also semi literate and seems pretty implausible. I think even years ago, and argument that was presented in such a one sided way would have been treated with scepticism.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well, I think there is a little context here. The "Barber is a w@nker" brigade are pretty voicferous right now and this seems to play to their prejudices. It is also semi literate and seems pretty implausible. I think even years ago, and argument that was presented in such a one sided way would have been treated with scepticism.

Perhaps you are right, although I wouldn't hold much on the semi illiterate point. There is a guy at work who has a double first from Oxford whose written English is dreadful. Seemly he has very bad dyslexia.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
£25 is a hefty replacement fee for something which costs far less to produce. I guess the fee has been set as a deterring factor. I notice in the T&C's lots of 'discretion' is built in. I guess if you believed you were in the right to have a replacement for minimal cost and the club were playing hardball then a quick mention that you were going to get advice from Trading Standards might just get the 'discretion' card played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here