Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Renewals - Family Stand moved from E1G to E1H!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] possibly had a part in that happening, having also been hit in the same way you were.

Paul Barber came along to one of the NSC mods' nights out, and I recall HKFC raising this with him.

I think I probably did, yes, although indirectly - as they took a wider look at the whole issue of age bandings.

My specific issue at the time was actually that there was no U18 price bracket in the family stand, of all places. Kids went from U16 to 'Adult' overnight. I presume that this was deliberate policy, to financially 'encourage' people with older youths to move out of the FS and make room for younger families. I had to point out to Paul Barber, how unsatisfactory that was for families with multiple kids (in my case I could stay in the FS, and pay adult rates for a 16 year old - who turned 16 the VERY DAY of the threshold! - or alternatively, move elsewhere to get an U18 rate, but in doing so, move his 13 year old brother away from the FS environment where he wanted to be.

It was actually too late to help us, and we were forced out to the NW corner for a season, but he sorted it to add an U18 band in there for the next season,and arranged us a move back across.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club have been in touch to say they are communicating with all those affected by this. Here is a copy of that:

IMG_1236.JPG

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just to add that I received an email - despite not having a Season Ticket that needs renewal.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
All a bit weird really. Surely this goes against the clubs policies of not moving fans about?

When we wanted a singing section in the North, they said they wouldn’t move fans, and now they are doing that in the East, for what? Money mostly.

Also, what a stupid place to put the family area. When we had the away fans in the East, they were moved back to South because the families complained, do they club think this won’t happen again?

I also get the feeling that they don’t want more rowdy fans near the away end. The match by match ticket area seems more up for it than the rest of the stand. Just another nail in the coffin for the atmosphere.

Everything becoming so sterile is really starting to put me off going.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Isn't that the U10 to U18 price? How old is your boy?

As an aside I've sat in E1H with kids before and it is a horrible experience for little ones. Away fans doing W*nker signs and swearing at you the whole time and all that. It can be terrifying for the younger kids. Terrible location for a family area. If they want to put cheap seats there price them the same as the North stand and get some vocal fans in there.

He's 9 but will be 10 in July,

Agree Not very nice for the kids to be sat next to the Away fans.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I also get the feeling that they don’t want more rowdy fans near the away end. The match by match ticket area seems more up for it than the rest of the stand. Just another nail in the coffin for the atmosphere.

Everything becoming so sterile is really starting to put me off going.

So what fans are in the South West corner or South stand if a lower away allocation is taken?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He's 9 but will be 10 in July,

Sadly he's gone up a price band, same as my youngest will. It's their age at the start of the season that determines the price and he'll be 10 then.

STH like yourself that don't want to move to E1H get priority on moving seats I see. 16 March is the day you need to contact them and say you want to move.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Having been on the waiting list for two seasons with my current 5 year old this is the last place I want to put him next to the way fans. (If that’s what I am
Offered)

It’s will only take one idiot to scare a kid and they won’t want to go again.

Can anyone confirm how it actually works when your time comes at the top of the list, are you offered anywhere and have to take it, do you get a selection (if available) is there a number of selections you can turn down before being taken off the list etc?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What a really shitty raw deal for the people being forced into those significantly worse seats.

Still, Barber can pat himself on the back for a job well done. Very clever to squeeze more money out of fans and take another step to sterilise the atmosphere in one move.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not great by the club this.....

Cmon Paul, let’s have your diatribe.

Well, I wouldn't want to put words in his mouth, but we have 3.5 blocks of the ESL allocated to family stand, which is nearly 50% of the stand. I don't know what other clubs allow for discounted family area tickets, but it doesn't seem insubstantial. If moving to E1H does enable better wheelchair access for families, then this would seem a good move to improve the stadium's accessibility, as well as being able to sell match by match tickets to families by using S1A.

Perhaps there are genuinely un-cynical reasons for this. :shrug:

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I think I probably did, yes, although indirectly - as they took a wider look at the whole issue of age bandings.

My specific issue at the time was actually that there was no U18 price bracket in the family stand, of all places. Kids went from U16 to 'Adult' overnight. I presume that this was deliberate policy, to financially 'encourage' people with older youths to move out of the FS and make room for younger families. I had to point out to Paul Barber, how unsatisfactory that was for families with multiple kids (in my case I could stay in the FS, and pay adult rates for a 16 year old - who turned 16 the VERY DAY of the threshold! - or alternatively, move elsewhere to get an U18 rate, but in doing so, move his 13 year old brother away from the FS environment where he wanted to be.

It was actually too late to help us, and we were forced out to the NW corner for a season, but he sorted it to add an U18 band in there for the next season,and arranged us a move back across.

Out of interest, my son and I are in the family section and he has just turned 18, will we be turfed out to elsewhere and if so do we get first dibs or can we stay where we are as he is now an U21?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Out of interest, my son and I are in the family section and he has just turned 18, will we be turfed out to elsewhere and if so do we get first dibs or can we stay where we are as he is now an U21?

You'll be reallocated to elsewhere in the stadium. You will be treated as a priority move and be given options on where you want to go.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well, I wouldn't want to put words in his mouth, but we have 3.5 blocks of the ESL allocated to family stand, which is nearly 50% of the stand. I don't know what other clubs allow for discounted family area tickets, but it doesn't seem insubstantial. If moving to E1H does enable better wheelchair access for families, then this would seem a good move to improve the stadium's accessibility, as well as being able to sell match by match tickets to families by using S1A.

Perhaps there are genuinely un-cynical reasons for this. :shrug:
They could have designated additional one-off "Family Stand" seating in unsold areas for certain games without doing this. No great advantage to being adjacent to another single block of "Family Stand". If they were bothered about that factor then they wouldn't be putting the new FS section next to the normal away allocation!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if this is true then this is very poor from barber and the club again .

Won’t help the atmosphere amongst other things

Be interesting to hear the dialogue from the club justifying this .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here