Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Surely most people have roughly known what the discount is for being a STH and have done so for years! And just to make it clear, the point of that post was to highlight that match day prices might well be more for home fans than away fans. Of course in this instance, the clubs hands are tied by the agreement to cap away prices.

No I have not ever looked at the price per game and compared it to the non season ticket price. I think this reflects on why you are so obsessed with this thread. I am happy to pay the price and the small % rise as it seems good value

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
No I have not ever looked at the price per game and compared it to the non season ticket price. I think this reflects on why you are so obsessed with this thread. I am happy to pay the price and the small % rise as it seems good value

Exactly this. I buy a season ticket. I know 2 figures in relation to that, the annual cost and what I pay each month.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yup, that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do the people grumbling about the potential higher cost per game therefore expect the players to take pay cuts on the grounds that they will be playing fewer games next season?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Really? Back tracked on two words purely for the health of another poster!!

Out of interest, what sort of price rise would make you start to think about possibly not renewing?

A price that I couldn't afford. That's all that counts for me.

It's never been about cost per match or value for money, just about watching my team.

If it had been about value for money, there were some seasons the club should have paid ME to attend!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A season ticket is selling a league season of home games, not a specific number of games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's simple. Take a tin of Quality street. Price stays the same but instead of a kilo tin of sweets you get 750g. Maybe you buy things without actually knowing what you're actually paying for.

As previously discussed, this analogy doesn't work. It would if the product were identical - i.e. if the price were the same for either 23 or 19 Championship matches. If a Premiership match is not considered to be an identical product, then the analogy fails.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
That's a valid comment apart of course from the fact that I'm not aware anyone has actually suggested the annual price should be reduced to match the current pro rata price or something similar!

No, however plenty insinuating that any increase for less games, or claiming it's a calculated increase of c20% when you factor in fewer games, is poor which is tantamount to the same thing.

Premier League football doesn't grow on trees and we already have one of the most attractive packages going.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I am astonished that anyone thinks it stupid to stop and question the economics of modern day football.

It might be the same for all and it might be very hard, if not impossible, to ever change, but that does not make it "right".

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Im personally happy with what we get for what we pay and don't feel that in anyway it doesn't represent outstanding value.

I accept everyone's financial situation is different and therefore any increase may be unwelcome but equally it's inevitable given the whole situation vis a vis our ambitions and expenditure over recent seasons

If you find any rise unpalatable then fair play. Enjoy the rest of the season.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Exactly this. I buy a season ticket. I know 2 figures in relation to that, the annual cost and what I pay each month.

Well that's one up from me. I know what I pay each month, beyond that I don't need to know. It covers the cost of my match tickets for the season and at no point in time have I bothered to work out a cost per game price.

JakyBF

Apr 19, 2016
Heathfield
Does anyone know if there are any changes to the 'Season Ticket Benefits' this year?

Someone mentioned that the club might be doing away with the 'Bring 2 friends for £10 each' promotions that they do twice every season.
I also wonder if we'll still be able to go and see U21s and Womens matches for free next season.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
True but it can be justified by the fact that there is a league agreement about away ticket prices where as there isn't one about home tickets. That said, I don't know what the equivalent calculations would be relating to the North stand which is obviously the equivalent to what away fans get.

I've just renewed for the North - £490. This works out at:
23 home games (Championship): 21.30
19 home games (PL): £25.79
This price includes rail travel. For me this is return Worthing-Falmer: £7.40

It's actually excellent value

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's simple. Take a tin of Quality street. Price stays the same but instead of a kilo tin of sweets you get 750g. If you bought a season ticket for Brighton to London for £5000 and you found the price was the same next year but alas you were only able to travel on 4 days of the week you would probably consider that a price increase!

:

you are quoting like for like goods but with less of the same....1000g quality street with 750g,.......Or season ticket London to to Brighton four days compared to five....
If we go up. We go up a class. Would you expect Prem football to be same price as championship any more than, Say you buy Rump Steak, you may get 1kg for £14. Would you seriously expect 1kg of Fillet Steak for the same money.

Quality in anything costs more.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
you are quoting like for like goods but with less of the same....1000g quality street with 750g,.......Or season ticket London to to Brighton four days compared to five....
If we go up. We go up a class. Would you expect Prem football to be same price as championship any more than, Say you buy Rump Steak, you may get 1kg for £14. Would you seriously expect 1kg of Fillet Steak for the same money.

Quality in anything costs more.

Stop talking sense don't you know its 'spin' and we are mugs for falling for it?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I've just renewed for the North - £490. This works out at:
23 home games (Championship): 21.30
19 home games (PL): £25.79
This price includes rail travel. For me this is return Worthing-Falmer: £7.40

It's actually excellent value

Exactly...So if you use the train it is less than £20 per game. Some people will always moan!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Arse lick? Really?

He won't be able to respond to you. Not on this thread at least.

Constructive debate is one thing, but his particular brand of snidely trying to undermine the club at every turn really is utterly tiresome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here