Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewal

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Seen the thread on Ask The Club that the ST renewals will happen in the next 4-6 weeks.. that's quite a bit later than last year. Any reasons why?

Last season the money was taken from my account on March 3rd!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Possibly to try and get more renewals after the farce last season with the family stand relocation.

Alternatively maybe the club realise how cheeky it is to ask someone pay 12 months in advance for a game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Possibly because there was a chance of us still being in the Championship therefore potentially big crowds resulting in the possibilty of games being sold out and the non availability of tickets?

There is not a snowball in hell's chance of that happening next year so there really is no mileage in such early requests for renewals?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gives them time to sort out the pricing too, it's about time it was £20 a match.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Its less that £20 a match now for early renewing season ticket holders. It better bloody not go up this season. Down would be good but I suspect staying put is more likely.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superphil said:
Gives them time to sort out the pricing too, it's about time it was £20 a match.

Needs to be reduced as too expensive even away fans voted with their feet

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Needs to be reduced as too expensive even away fans voted with their feet

Probably because they now know they need to buy binoculars and a raincoat as well as a ticket

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Icy Gull said:
Probably because they now know they need to buy binoculars and a raincoat as well as a ticket

More than likely

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Very unlikley it will be reduced, however with all the offers the club has run this season, they need to have some incentive in there for season ticket holders, otherwise less will renew as at present it can be cheaper without a season ticket.

Would hope we at least get the cup ticket back so it is a 24 ticket package and maybe get the Daffy Duck home games thrown in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be good if a STH could opt out of the Travel Voucher expense. Only ever use it to go from the Brewery Tap to Withdean and only then if a 5 or 5A happens to be passing. Sheers drunken laziness really :blush:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tom Hark said:
Would be good if a STH could opt out of the Travel Voucher expense. Only ever use it to go from the Brewery Tap to Withdean and only then if a 5 or 5A happens to be passing. Sheers drunken laziness really :blush:

I totally agree...I have never used this since coming back to Brighton.

I spoke to my Brother in Law as we tend to renew together and we have both said we will wait to see what sort of pricing they are looking for.

If its an increase then we will probably pay on the day ( so to speak) If it stays the same and has perhaps an incentive like a cup ticket then we will probably renew.

Thing is, we both missa few with holidays and we cant get rid of tickets these days, so there is no real incentive to buy .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
Thing is, we both missa few with holidays and we cant get rid of tickets these days, so there is no real incentive to buy .

Yup, that's the difference between now and a couple of seasons back. The tickets have little or no sell-on value. In fact I got handed one for the Bristol City match at the Seagulls Party Conference last night. Every time a STH has to do that, it's the equivalent of handing somebody a twenty quid note. Expensive luxury.

Hopefully the renewals will be discounted to the tune of say 23 games for the price of 20.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Beach Hut said:
Alternatively maybe the club realise how cheeky it is to ask someone pay 12 months in advance for a game.

It was actually just under 14 months for the Oldham game!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'm going to renew providing I can afford it this year. But would defently have extra incentive if they were cheaper or involved some kind of cup match discount or free game.

Dec 30, 2006
South Atlantic
BOLTON WANDERERS have become the first top-flight club in the country to buck the trend and reduce season ticket prices for the start of next season.

Wanderers announced today that they will be reducing season ticket prices, excluding corporate hospitality packages, by an average of TEN PERCENT for Premier League matches in the 2007/08 season. This reduction, together with last season's price freeze, represents a reduction in real terms (when inflation is taken into account) of over 15%, over the past two years. The discount will be in addition to the early purchase discount deal that the Club traditionally offers supporters.

With the Club riding high in the top five of the Barclays Premiership, Sam Allardyce's charges are on course for European qualification for the second time in its history. With the team continuing to set all records in the modern era, the Club has made it a priority to swell its season ticket base for next term.

Further details, relating to next season's price reductions and other matters relating to next season's ticket and membership policy, will be announced in due course.

Wanderers' manager, Sam Allardyce, said:

"We are sensitive to the economic demands on our supporters. For that reason, we are committed to rolling-back the price of watching football at the Reebok Stadium next season.

"We have recognised that fans have to dig deep in their pockets to watch top-flight football. This has become a serious issue that has reached a crescendo across the country and we feel duty-bound to make a stance by reducing the cost for our season ticket holders. We have listened and kept a breast of the dialogue emanating from the fans and that we feel that the time is right to act by reducing the cost of football for our most loyal supporters.

"The discount offer comes on the back of last season's price freeze on season tickets and reinforces our commitment to offering great value football to our supporters."

The Club will announce its detailed season ticket and membership plans in the near future, which will also include a range of other groundbreaking cost-saving initiatives. The new initiative will see season ticket holders and members receiving amongst the very best value ticket prices in the FA Premier League.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dont Bolton have the overseas TV windfall money next season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Drumstick said:
I'm going to renew providing I can afford it this year. But would defently have extra incentive if they were cheaper or involved some kind of cup match discount or free game.

Or a decent voucher for the club shop.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
man city fans boycotted the game a few weeks ago didnt they at the reebok

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here