Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal prices...?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hmmm which reminds me, l have a conundrum, I too will be 65 in a couple of years so eligible for a reduction. However my seat is in W1G and there are no concessions in that block. Do l move to another block for the reduction? or do l hang on to my beoved seat and continue to pay full whack? I have two years to decide what to do!

Me too. I wrote to PB and suggested he might reward us W1G older fans who have supported The Amex since it opened, by introducing the pensioner concession, but he said the club can't afford it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Every season you whinge and whinge about the hikes and yet renew. What does that say ?

It's really simple. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it but, unlike you, that doesn't mean I have to agree that price hikes are warranted or believe the spin put on them.

Does that answer your question or do you think I should make a stand and not go to the club I have supported for over 40 years?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
What I FULLY expect to happen is that the new annual DD will be very reasonable, a minor increase worst case, MAYBE even frozen in price. That way, the club (Barber) can spin how great it is that prices aren't going up. Well done the club.

Monthly payments will be hiked of course (justified in an inevitable email essay which Barber 'is happy to be shared on here' on here a few days later with some creative bollocks about a recurring BACS admin fee for the Direct Debit) and a huge chunk of the fanbase will end up paying more unless they can afford to pay it in one hit.

You know it's happening, I know it's happening, the club might as well just announce it now and get on with the shitshow fallout that will occur. You think flaskgate was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Bet there is no charge for a monthly DD. Given low interest rates and complications of charges for credit it is not worth the effort.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sorry, I haven’t got the email so didn’t realise there was one.

In that case, why the references to the monthly DD? It’s never been a different amount to the one-off pay upfront option so surely it won’t change now? Removing that is probably the one thing they could do to make me not renew. No way am I paying £900 in one go when I have plenty of other things to spend that on.

No idea.

Here is the text of the email.

3f19ddf90b823a9ac71636a6b522d473.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What I FULLY expect to happen is that the new annual DD will be very reasonable, a minor increase worst case, MAYBE even frozen in price. That way, the club (Barber) can spin how great it is that prices aren't going up. Well done the club.

Monthly payments will be hiked of course (justified in an inevitable email essay which Barber 'is happy to be shared on here' on here a few days later with some creative bollocks about a recurring BACS admin fee for the Direct Debit) and a huge chunk of the fanbase will end up paying more unless they can afford to pay it in one hit.

You know it's happening, I know it's happening, the club might as well just announce it now and get on with the shitshow fallout that will occur. You think flaskgate was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They have already stated the monthly DD will remain interest free however there will be an effect if they offer a discount for the annual payment. Hypothetically, for example, let's say a £600 ticket goes up by 10% to £660 so that's 12 interest free payments of £55. If they state the annual DD gets a 5% discount then that means they are only paying £630, the equivalent of £52.50 per month. Therefore the monthly DD crew are paying a fee of £2.50 per month for the privilege. Not big money but it is still a change to what we have had for 9 years.

Now I am of course speculating, they may not offer a discount for an annual payment but if they don't, then what is the point of introducing it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

In that case, why the references to the monthly DD? It’s never been a different amount to the one-off pay upfront option so surely it won’t change now? Removing that is probably the one thing they could do to make me not renew. No way am I paying £900 in one go when I have plenty of other things to spend that on.

It is ambiguous.

The only way this will 'work' is if tickets are priced differently depending on whether you pay monthly or up front. Which is the same as . . . . .discounting the advanced full payment option.

I hope I am not smelling bullshit here.

If you are pushing the boat out then small margins are an issue, and bullshit on top does not go down well. Innit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whilst the club have previously allowed people to pay annually, in one go, it has not been via a auto renew DD. This is the difference.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They have already stated the monthly DD will remain interest free however there will be an effect if they offer a discount for the annual payment. Hypothetically, for example, let's say a £600 ticket goes up by 10% to £660 so that's 12 interest free payments of £55. If they state the annual DD gets a 5% discount then that means they are only paying £630, the equivalent of £52.50 per month. Therefore the monthly DD crew are paying a fee of £2.50 per month for the privilege. Not big money but it is still a change to what we have had for 9 years.

Now I am of course speculating, they may not offer a discount for an annual payment but if they don't, then what is the point of introducing it?

Why would you expect there to be a discount for the new annual DD?

Surely the reason it is being introduced is that the club would be guaranteed to get their payment from the customer each year immediately (I'm sure that not everyone who pays in a lump sum currently, does so on the very first day that is possible). Also the customer doesn't have to actively do anything (in future years) to activate payment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Surely the reason it is being introduced is that the club would be guaranteed to get their payment from the customer each year immediately (I'm sure that not everyone who pays in a lump sum currently, does so on the very first day that is possible). Also the customer doesn't have to actively do anything (in future years) to activate payment.

You may well be right but the system has worked since we came to the Amex. Are the club that desperate for cash at the beginning of April?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Exactly the answer

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
You may well be right but the system has worked since we came to the Amex. Are the club that desperate for cash at the beginning of April?

It will probably save many hours of chasing and processing payments. It’s no different to insurance premiums or such like. I don’t get the suspicion that the club are up to something.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It will probably save many hours of chasing and processing payments. It’s no different to insurance premiums or such like. I don’t get the suspicion that the club are up to something.

You might be right but do you really think the club spend a lot of time chasing up and processing payments for those that make one off payments? After all, the chelsea ticket fiasco shows the club aren't averse to unnecessary additional work for the ticket team!!

Don't the club just send out automatic emails to season ticket holders reminding them that if they pay by dd then they don't need to do anything but if you pay in one installment you have a deadline. Don't pay, lose the ticket and the waiting list gets shorter!!

Still, we won't have long to wait to find out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here