Season ticket renewal next season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you plan to renew?

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm lower than the floor about our woeful display against Barnsley, but will be renewing next season nevertheless.

Albion are still on an upward path and are very close to playing in the higher league.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm about at the top end of what I can afford at the moment - taking into account travel costs in addition to the price of my ST.

Any decent rise in prices for next year would probably reluctantly spell the end of my ST.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
For as long as I can afford it, I can't see me giving up my ST... thinking of moving next season, but only 'cos the little one is getting less little and wants to be in the N.Stand now.

I feel the arrogance of the I'm a real supporter therefore i will not give up my season ticket stance is amazing,who do you think will be asked to make up the shortfall if we drop several thousands of season ticket holders,making people aware that there is a ceiling of affordability for fans is not a bad thing. This thread was not about who's the real fan it was meant to test the water regarding how much more cash the club can ask from fans and was spurred on by a conversation with someone about alot of fans thinking of not renewing. Sometimes you can misjudge the value of your product and the depth of your customers pockets. Just as you can have a surge for tickets which encourages others on board you can have a jumping ship reaction the other way.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I feel the arrogance of the I'm a real supporter therefore i will not give up my season ticket stance is amazing,who do you think will be asked to make up the shortfall if we drop several thousands of season ticket holders,making people aware that there is a ceiling of affordability for fans is not a bad thing. This thread was not about who's the real fan it was meant to test the water regarding how much more cash the club can ask from fans and was spurred on by a conversation with someone about alot of fans thinking of not renewing. Sometimes you can misjudge the value of your product and the depth of your customers pockets. Just as you can have a surge for tickets which encourages others on board you can have a jumping ship reaction the other way.

If there is a massive shortfall in renewals, they aren't going to put the price up for those that remain, they will just have to make more cuts and probably have a considerably smaller playing budget!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
After a defeat like Tuesday, I always think is it worth it, as it costs me on average about £40 on top of my season ticket to go to each game. But it is always a knee jerk reaction. By the time Saturday comes around I will be looking forward to it again. As long as I can afford to go I will keep my season ticket, it will be petrol prices that will end it for me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Barber has eroded the majority of supporter goodwill and made the match-day experience more cumbersome and expensive. There is nothing left to carry fans through any on-field dips so it stands to reason that if we struggle on the pitch people will pack it in.

Why does EVERYBODY blame Paul Barber for every single thing that people don't like about the Club? This has absolutely nothing to do with him, and everything to do with whether or not these people are true Albion fans.

Admittedly it is becoming more expensive to support the Club these days, but isn't that true of everything? In any case, if we had trounced Barnsley 5-0 on Tuesday night would people be complaining about the price of their season ticket? No of course they wouldn't.

All Paul Barber is trying to do is his job. He has been tasked by Tony Bloom to try and address this eight million shortfall, and how else is he supposed to do that without making a few unpleasant decisions?

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Love my seat,football played is irrelevant,just don't enjoy the match day experience either side of the game and the sterile atmosphere of the whole thing.We went down from 3 to 2 s/t this year and i have only used mine 3 times myself(not seen a win yet)with younger rev off to uni next year looks like we might jack both in next season unless a relegation or promotion comes along:down:

You have a season ticket yet only been to 3 games and we havent won!? And youre moaning about not renewing! you dont go, so why bother you fool ! The fact you say "the football played is irrelevant" pinpoints the ridiculous look at me /listen to me non football agenda you exhibit . NO ONE CARES .Support the Albion or piss off ...why are you even on this site ? astounding!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Will wait and see prices first, I now work a lot of Saturdays and sell my ticket on when I cannot go, not sure I can justify buying one with a price hike, especially if demand for tickets won't be as high next year and I won't be able to sell it on when I can't go.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think there is an issue that a lot of supporters are still looking at season ticket renewal in old terms.

If season ticket prices (or indeed all ticket prices across football) had gone up in line with everything else over the last 20 years, anyone who was a 'real' fan (although that I don't like to use that term. It is perhaps more accurate to say a different sort of fan. Some people go for the experience, others, I imagine, for the football and entertainment) would probably renew regardless of on the pitch performances. If tickets were affordable for all fans, you could then criticise those who abandon ship when performances dipped.

But the fact is watching regular football is now expensive. Many people are at the edges of what they can reasonable justify or afford. If a price increase or changing circumstances mean they can't, that does not make them any less of a real fan.

Rather than use the discussion to establish some sort of framework for a hierarchy of how real your support is, I would have thought it would better serve supporters - and the club - to look at the reasons people might not renew.

I am fortunate enough in that, bar a massive increase, I will be in a position to renew. But that does not make me any better or realer a fan than someone who can't.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I will continue to be a season ticket holder as long as I can afford too

When I can't afford to - I'll keep going to as many games as I can afford.

Last night changes nothing for me.

Very much this for me.

It is worrying, the thought of losing a substantial amount of STHs. I always find it quite sad to see grounds half empty when we go away or when I watch another championship game on telly. The thought of the AMEX having swathes of empty seats is awful.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When we sacked the football man Poyet in favour of Money maker barber, we lost a passionate sports footballing team and now have a Money making machine, thats why i may not get a ticket next year.

Blimey. That's a strange post.

owenthemonkey

Aug 17, 2011
Reason's why I won't be renewing:

- Other costs of living have gone up, got to start cutting costs
- Recently not been available for enough games to make the expense worth it
- The 'experience' has gone down the pan. From rising costs and lack of choice in food/drink to pre-match build up and the transport, the f***ing transport.
- Atmosphere in the ground. Way too much negativity and too many 'experts' who think they know better than the manager.
- I have to say the on-field product too and hate to admit that. On Tuesday I felt I spent most of the game thinking of other things I could have been doing with my time and money

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why does EVERYBODY blame Paul Barber for every single thing that people don't like about the Club? This has absolutely nothing to do with him, and everything to do with whether or not these people are true Albion fans.

Is a "true Albion fan" any less of one if he can no longer afford to renew his ticket?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013

But a lot of people in this thread aren't talking about cost. But purely results. There was a car in front of me queuing for the bridge carpark the other night! and they had Liverpool car stickers. Doubt they'll be back next season now Liverpool are back up there.

You have a season ticket yet only been to 3 games and we havent won!? And youre moaning about not renewing! you dont go, so why bother you fool ! The fact you say "the football played is irrelevant" pinpoints the ridiculous look at me /listen to me non football agenda you exhibit . NO ONE CARES .Support the Albion or piss off ...why are you even on this site ? astounding!

I think you'll find that i see the bigger picture and while believing that nsc chat is the conscience of the Albion i feel i am the conscience of nsc,telling people to piss off will not be helpful in the long run,it will be too late when a few thousands do piss off! Its best we try and draw attention to problems before they have arrived.If people listened to the everything is superdoodle viewpoint the people that matter might get the wrong messages.

But a lot of people in this thread aren't talking about cost. But purely results. There was a car in front of me queuing for the bridge carpark the other night! and they had Liverpool car stickers. Doubt they'll be back next season now Liverpool are back up there.

nsc does not represent a main stream view among season ticket holders:moo:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

People blame barber because barber is the one doing it. I agree with everything he said.

It's one thing to increase the price of a ticket, it's another to try and charge £10 to print your ticket off on the day or £25 to get a new card. That's just demolishing goodwill, which is what the club survives on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports