Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket prices for 2016/17

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It has been suggested many times by fans of Premier League teams (& the media) that they should drastically reduce prices,as they can easily afford it now with the new TV deal.

If all Premier League tickets were reduced to say £10, what would happen to Championship clubs. They would either have to respond by reducing prices to less than £10, or be in the unsustainable position of charging more than double the amount of a PL ticket. Either way, most non PL teams would be out of business within 5 years.

I really don't think so. People don't generally just switch teams willy nilly do they? And non PL teams are fairly likely to start going out of business anyway IMHO. Football is in a terrible state.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think this is something the club has thought about though. Just supposing we go up to the Prem, those of us ST holders will be pleased we got ours renewed at a touch above this seasons prices. The gamble is that a lot of new ST's will be sold if we get to the promised land, those new ST holders have probably just waited until we get to the Prem, it is a gamble but is perhaps showing loyalty to those on the longer journey.
As for those that moan we will get fewer home games if we get to the Prem, they are never satisfied.

Yes - good point. I would feel a little different if we got to the prem and i'm sure we'll cofortably sell out on ST's even at a higher price.

PS - I wasn't moaning about 4 less games at all - just stating that it's important to remember that it increases the 'average cost per game' quite a lot, so a price 'freeze' isn't entirely true when you brake it down...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Far to many snobs supporting our club as to be frank the prices are hideous compared to most in this league.
Travel included YES but only if you use it....watch most clubs reduce theirs next season!!!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes - good point. I would feel a little different if we got to the prem and i'm sure we'll cofortably sell out on ST's even at a higher price.

PS - I wasn't moaning about 4 less games at all - just stating that it's important to remember that it increases the 'average cost per game' quite a lot, so a price 'freeze' isn't entirely true when you brake it down...

Tis ok, i knew what you thought. Personally, and probably like you and most on here, i will renew whatever. However Mr Tony "Gamble" Bloom could really have gambled this time on ST renewals. By that i mean that last year at this time we were in danger of relegation, yet still got most renewing, this time we could get promoted but are in no danger of going down. So the renewals could wait until May, when the promised land might be reached and put the price up a bit more, if not the regulars will renew anyway.
I suspect he has gambled that many who are thinking of becoming new ST holders will get them in the hope we will get promoted and they will not be disappointed by not being able to get a ST in the rush that will inevitably take place if we go up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Far to many snobs supporting our club as to be frank the prices are hideous compared to most in this league.
Travel included YES but only if you use it....watch most clubs reduce theirs next season!!!

On what basis do you think clubs in the championship can justify reducing ticket prices. The only reason I can see is just because some PL clubs might. Clubs in the championship don't get the £100m that the PL clubs get. They also have to compete against relegated clubs with parachute payments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here