Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket prices 24/25

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I’m sorry you find me 'strange' for not wanting to queue up for long periods in shitty weather, or being happy about having to leave the match 10 minutes before the final whistle. I find people like you equally strange for always dreaming up these tiny minorities to try to prove your point. No doubt some people who live near the P and R sites find it convenient to muscle in on the dedicated park and ride buses. It doesn’t make it right. Frankly, I think they should take the park and ride out of the free travel system. It’s an additional service that needs to be financed and organised and managed, just like Seagull Travel etc. It’s not an existing service. So charge for it. At least then we could improve and widen the service with the extra revenue raised, and give the club an incentive not to keep ignoring the grim experience it currently is.

You want the club to change the P&R scheme so less people use it, so that you don't have to queue.

Whatever the club then does would presumably reduce the numbers using it. The club wants value for money from the services it provides. Less people using it means they'll need less buses to provide the same service.

You'll still be queuing if you don't leave early to catch the buses on the first journey.

I think you need to purchase that Seagull Travel season ticket.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m sorry you find me 'strange' for not wanting to queue up for long periods in shitty weather, or being happy about having to leave the match 10 minutes before the final whistle. I find people like you equally strange for always dreaming up these tiny minorities to try to prove your point. No doubt some people who live near the P and R sites find it convenient to muscle in on the dedicated park and ride buses. It doesn’t make it right. Frankly, I think they should take the park and ride out of the free travel system. It’s an additional service that needs to be financed and organised and managed, just like Seagull Travel etc. It’s not an existing service. So charge for it. At least then we could improve and widen the service with the extra revenue raised, and give the club an incentive not to keep ignoring the grim experience it currently is.
Many of the walk ons have to park away from the P&R because they fill up early so in fact they have parked and are entitled to use the bus. If you are using Mill Road yes the queue is a very long one, switch to the race course and within half an hour you are back in the car and that’s after clapping the lads off the pitch.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I will trying to get two season tickets this year (never had any before). Looking at the dates, it seems they will be sorted out straight after the seat moves, maybe on Wednesday the 20th of March?

Anyone know - should I get offered any ST - how the seat allocation is worked out? What options would there be within a price band?
Got my 1st season ticket in 4 years last season , log on just before 9 and comes up with stadium map and pick just like choosing a match day ticket all areas are open

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nah. I want it to be used by the folks that it was intended for ie those fans that drive in from a distance away. There's plenty of crazies that drive in from the likes of Swindon, North Wales, Merseyside and also those from neighbouring counties with shit transport links. This is who the P&R is intended for, not the wise guys that live just down the road
What a load of poppycock ! The P&R sites were the replacement for the dedicated buses the club put on in the first couple of seasons. Buses that went around a local area picking up match goers - there were quite a few. Yes they were old bangers but they got you there and back - and back to somewhere local to you. I'd imagine it became too costly to the club hence the focus moving to 2/3/4 P&R sites. Planning permission was granted for the Amex partly on the travel plan of fans using 'public' transport. I don't park on Mill Road - too much hassle so I park somewhere else but I use the P&R on Mill Road - I don't consider myself a P&R cheat despite not really using the whole service.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I thought club were going to put a cover over steps to P&R
I'd be happier if they just extended the free wireless to the queue. They have Focus as their IT partner and extending the wireless would be a doddle. Then when I'm stood in the queue for P&R I'd at least be able to see other results come in etc. 4G just doesn't work up there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a load of poppycock ! The P&R sites were the replacement for the dedicated buses the club put on in the first couple of seasons. Buses that went around a local area picking up match goers - there were quite a few. Yes they were old bangers but they got you there and back - and back to somewhere local to you. I'd imagine it became too costly to the club hence the focus moving to 2/3/4 P&R sites. Planning permission was granted for the Amex partly on the travel plan of fans using 'public' transport. I don't park on Mill Road - too much hassle so I park somewhere else but I use the P&R on Mill Road - I don't consider myself a P&R cheat despite not really using the whole service.
I think those buses still exist, of sorts.

Somewhat confusingly, I've always thought, Seagull Travel list two things for every home match:

- Matchday Express Service
- Matchday Bus

The latter picks up all around the very local area, with the former being further afield.

You can see the pick-ups of the Matchday Bus on the page for Everton...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would like the park and ride buses to be used by people using the parking —simple as that. I’ve had to stop using the park and ride completely as I was left with a choice — leave the match 10 minutes early, or wait for up to an hour on those bloody steps in the cold and pissing rain. Neither option is very attractive for someone my age, so I’ve thrown my lot in with Seagull Travel. It means an extra £23 a game but at least I get to see all of the game I’ve paid for, and have the peace of mind of knowing I’ll be dry and warm, and know when I’m likely to get home. The freeloaders really piss me off. As for all this pearl-clutching and wondering how you can get to the ground without hijacking the P and R service, I’d say simply that you get there the same way you’d get there if there was no P and R. But it’s not the P and R users' problem. For a partial solution, I would charge for P and R, and make it prebookable. I’m sure there are other solutions to help the situation.

And, as pointed out earlier, under your 'partial solution' myself and my nephews would then book, pay and take up even more car parking spaces, rather than walk the 400 yards from my house as it is still the easiest and quickest way to get to the Amex and back :facepalm:

And despite our love of standing on those steps in the cold and pissing rain, we realised that was the situation a few games into the Amex era, so have a pint and watch the highlights in the concourse before walking up and getting on the bus without waiting an hour in the cold and pissing rain :dunce:

I think that the only full solution you'd really be happy with is a completely private P&R scheme with no queues and no steps just for you :lolol:

Last edited:

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I'd just like the queues managed better, so once they let people at the top of the steps move, you don't get all the younger lads running from the back to the front of the queue (they were even laughing it was a race after Marseille), leaving the old fellas on sticks shivering in the middle of the coach park for an hour waiting for the buses to come back.

Makes me so sad how some people treat older folk these days.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I think that the only full solution you'd really be happy with is a completely private P&R scheme with no queues and no steps just for you :lolol:

Otherwise known as a taxi.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you don’t like the price increases or can’t afford, just a reminder attendance is not compulsory and/or it’s cheaper to watch on TV if not free. Which is how most people consume football anyway and what it’s set up to be.
Most ? - well i'm sure its both. As for attendance at football matches - across all tiers from the PL through to non league and including womens football are now at record highs, continue to grow and are experiencing a boom

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I think those buses still exist, of sorts.

Somewhat confusingly, I've always thought, Seagull Travel list two things for every home match:

- Matchday Express Service
- Matchday Bus

The latter picks up all around the very local area, with the former being further afield.

You can see the pick-ups of the Matchday Bus on the page for Everton...

Which costs £12 - the original buses were free.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
And, as pointed out earlier, under your 'partial solution' myself and my nephews would then book, pay and take up even more car parking spaces, rather than walk the 400 yards from my house as it is still the easiest and quickest way to get to the Amex and back :facepalm:
It always makes me laugh, as I walk under the tunnel, how many people get turned away because Mill Road is already full - there is far more bus capacity than there is car capacity - which is great.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd be happier if they just extended the free wireless to the queue. They have Focus as their IT partner and extending the wireless would be a doddle. Then when I'm stood in the queue for P&R I'd at least be able to see other results come in etc. 4G just doesn't work up there.
This is a really sensible idea. Likewise for the queues for Falmer / Brighton trains . Data never works post match - presumably due to congestion.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Alternatively if you don't like the free arrangement, why not just use Seagulls Travel, like you already do. Living not a million miles from Mill Road, a lot of people rightly use it, same with Race Hill. I think as well if you got rid of those people, there would still be a queue.

Barber if you are reading this, please pay me to do transport consultancy on the Park and Ride Scheme.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What happened to twenty is plenty? 😂

Still, regulation is on the way. 😂😂😂

And remember, match day income is important to clubs. The host club keeps the gate receipts, catering and merchandising cash.

Tottenham earned around €107 million in matchday revenue for the 2020/21 season. That’s a lot on wonga.

And the more we put in, the more we can pay over inflated player wages and agent fees. And the more we keep feeding the machine, the more people on lower incomes are priced out.

Modern football is rubbish. Modern life even more so.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What happened to twenty is plenty? 😂

Still, regulation is on the way. 😂😂😂

And remember, match day income is important to clubs. The host club keeps the gate receipts, catering and merchandising cash.

Tottenham earned around €107 million in matchday revenue for the 2020/21 season. That’s a lot on wonga.

And the more we put in, the more we can pay over inflated player wages and agent fees. And the more we keep feeding the machine, the more people on lower incomes are priced out.

Modern football is rubbish. Modern life even more so.
Well twenty is plenty was a scheme for away tickets and remarkably they are still only £30 having been introduced years ago. Its where for once the PL outstrips the EFL in terms of a fan centred offer. And also Is Modern football "rubbish" ? There's a lot to complain about it , agents fees, owners, TV schedules, the price of a sausage roll, and encouraging participation at all income levels.
But football attendances are actually going through a massive boom . Stadiums , food choices, and the whole experience of attending any ground is far far better than it was in the 90s or the 70s .

SAC

May 21, 2014
If you don’t like the price increases or can’t afford, just a reminder attendance is not compulsory and/or it’s cheaper to watch on TV if not free. Which is how most people consume football anyway and what it’s set up to be.
What a horrible attitude.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Apart from being extremly happy with having my first season ticket for over 20 years and I also have no complaints about the price increase or travel.
Dumbarse questions coming up...
Ready
I pay by direct debit, this will automatically renew ?
I want to move seats though, and I can only do this on Monday March 18th ?

I think that is right, but can someone clarify that, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here