Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket payments

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What is clear is that folks aren't clear. Thanks for all the input - I think I understand how it relates to my situation now (I am paying 6 months to build up a credit account with the club). It's been a moving target, and contibues to be, so might be worth PB just issuing a unified "here's where we are at" email perhaps?

I think the requirement to make 6 DD payments (April onwards) to build a ‘fund’ to cover winning ballot tickets for 2020/21 is well understood. Perhaps the remaining confusion centers around the refund for the last 5 games of 2019/20. This was initially intended to be refunded with reduced DD payments (the club sent out e mails explaining the new reduced monthly payments). Now that our payments are going to be used for tickets as and when we win ballots, the situation has changed. We will need to be refunded and I would imagine the total amount will be added to any unused credit from the 6 DD payments and deducted from the 2021/22 payments.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Since April 19 I have paid ~£915 (15 months @ ~£54 and 3 months @ ~£35).

The pro-rata cost of a ticket, assuming 19 games/season is ~£34/game.

I have seen 14 games ~£477.

Therefore I have ~£437 towards this season, or enough for attending slightly less than 13 games...

I don’t think it works that way. 2020/21 season ticket is paid by DD payments from April 2020 to March 2021. You haven’t seen any games.Therefore you have either made 6 payment (April to Sep inclusive) or 3 payments if you took the payment holiday. The 2019/20 refund is separate.

Edit:eek:n reflection; are you simply adding the refund to your 6 DD payments ? If so, then that should work out correctly.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i was going to reply saying yes we do, as i was sure I had read it on the website, or email ,etc, so I went to look to post the link, however I cant actually find anything. Barber said that 6 payments would be taken, and that money held in credit and used for matches attended, I am sure in the follow up email/report it was laid out however as I cant find anything at all I must be mistaken. Has anyone else seen anything official?

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1755228/return-of-fans-round-up

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I don’t think it works that way. 2020/21 season ticket is paid by DD payments from April 2020 to March 2021. You haven’t seen any games.Therefore you have either made 6 payment (April to Sep inclusive) or 3 payments if you took the payment holiday. The 2019/20 refund is separate.

Edit:eek:n reflection; are you simply adding the refund to your 6 DD payments ? If so, then that should work out correctly.

In effect, yes.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Ah, so it is official then.

For those paying by the monthly payment scheme, season-ticket payments would be halted after six months. Those payments would be converted into a credit balance, and that balanced used to pay for match tickets (charged at 1/19th of the season-ticket prices) and any remaining balance used as a deposit towards next season’s season-ticket; or refunded at that point if the holder doesn’t renew.

Bit annoying though that I won't have the choice of a lump sum refund again, unless I don't renew.

I would likely make that choice anyway, but to not have the choice of what to do with what is essentially my money isn't great IMO.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst it doesn’t mention those STH that pay by lump sum I assume something similar applies to them. Money used to pay for any matches they do get to and rest of it rolls over to 21/22 season.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Whilst it doesn’t mention those STH that pay by lump sum I assume something similar applies to them. Money used to pay for any matches they do get to and rest of it rolls over to 21/22 season.

That is what I am hoping for.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Still confused. As a renewing season ticket holder, I paid April 1st payment then nothing (I assumed this was covered by refund due of last season's 5 games) plus now paid again Aug 1st and Sept 1st. Will payments continue Oct, Nov etc?

I think the requirement to make 6 DD payments (April onwards) to build a ‘fund’ to cover winning ballot tickets for 2020/21 is well understood. Perhaps the remaining confusion centers around the refund for the last 5 games of 2019/20. This was initially intended to be refunded with reduced DD payments (the club sent out e mails explaining the new reduced monthly payments). Now that our payments are going to be used for tickets as and when we win ballots, the situation has changed. We will need to be refunded and I would imagine the total amount will be added to any unused credit from the 6 DD payments and deducted from the 2021/22 payments.

Have the club indicated this. Bit rich we have to guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here