Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket payment holiday details

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has anyone tried to set the payment holiday up yet? only when I clicked on the seat icon nothing happened :shrug:

I clicked on it and it took me through to a screen that said DD payment defer (or similar) with a sort of shop option to chose your quantity or price and then click buy.

Didn’t look right to me so have left it for now. Will try again in a week or so when inevitably the software will have caught up with the intent.l after enough people call the customer services line and ask the same question.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Shame can’t take 3 month break at own discretion rather than the club’s, circumstances for people will differ over next 6 - 9 months.

Not sure if I'm reading that correctly - it is at our discretion. You either opt in or you don't. On the basis it's still payable regardless I'm not bothering.

I'm guessing Don is suggesting he (and maybe others) may need to take a 3 month break later in the year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you take this 'holiday' the repayments per month, later, are higher, are they not? That wouldn't be a holiday. A holiday is time off that you don't have to catch up later by working longer hours. Apologies if I have misread the message.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you take this 'holiday' the repayments per month, later, are higher, are they not? That wouldn't be a holiday. A holiday is time off that you don't have to catch up later by working longer hours. Apologies if I have misread the message.

How do you think the ‘mortgage holiday’ plans will operate?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Of course it is. When we offer leases at work with a payment holiday it is really a 0+33 payment profile (i.e instead of spread over 36 months, becomes 3 months of 0 and balance over 33 months)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course it is. When we offer leases at work with a payment holiday it is really a 0+33 payment profile (i.e instead of spread over 36 months, becomes 3 months of 0 and balance over 33 months)

That's not a holiday, then. Oh well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course it’s a holiday because your not paying in that period.

But isn't that like a breathing holiday - one is left gasping for air (or paying back what's missing at super quick time) once it is over.

I may be misunderstanding.....
Let's imagine you owe £1200 and the deal is you pay £100 a month. A 3 month holiday, to me, means you don't pay for 3 months, then you restart, paying £100 a month, with the repayiment ending at 15 rather than 12 months.

If, instead, after a 3 month holiday you have to pay the £1200 in 9 months, at a rate of £133.33 a month instead of £100, then it is not much of a holiday, is it?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But isn't that like a breathing holiday - one is left gasping for air (or paying back what's missing at super quick time) once it is over.

I may be misunderstanding.....
Let's imagine you owe £1200 and the deal is you pay £100 a month. A 3 month holiday, to me, means you don't pay for 3 months, then you restart, paying £100 a month, with the repayiment ending at 15 rather than 12 months.

If, instead, after a 3 month holiday you have to pay the £1200 in 9 months, at a rate of £133.33 a month instead of £100, then it is not much of a holiday, is it?

But under your plan, for 21/22 season people would have 3 months of double paying anyway. Holiday needs to end at some point :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But under your plan, for 21/22 season people would have 3 months of double paying anyway. Holiday needs to end at some point :)

No, 'my' plan is that instead of 12 months out of 12 of £X, we have 12 months of 15 of £X and a 3 month holiday as part of te 15. No double pay.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Just tried clicking on link in club e-mail - does not seem to work yet

Assume only works after 1st April direct debits are taken?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just tried clicking on link in club e-mail - does not seem to work yet

Assume only works after 1st April direct debits are taken?

Log in to the Albion ticket site, you can do it through there. The process is like buying a ticket, with the product 'payment holiday'.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I clicked on it and it took me through to a screen that said DD payment defer (or similar) with a sort of shop option to chose your quantity or price and then click buy.

Didn’t look right to me so have left it for now. Will try again in a week or so when inevitably the software will have caught up with the intent.l after enough people call the customer services line and ask the same question.

So I carried on with that process, purchased 1 payment holiday item and got the following email confirmation:

NEWS
TICKETS
HOSPITALITY
MEMBERSHIP
SHOP

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for making a booking with Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. Your booking confirmation details are below:
Customer Ticket Details Date/Time Price (fee)
XXXXX
700xxxx5
Direct Debit Payment Holiday

For more information on the Payment Holiday, please CLICK HERE
For full Direct Debit terms and conditions, please CLICK HERE
Your transaction reference number is: 430XXX6
Booking Fee: £ 0.00
Total Price: £ 0.00
Lead Customer Details: XXXXXXX (70xxxxx5)
XXXXXXX, East Sussex, BN3 XXX
Delivery Method: Not Applicable

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So I carried on with that process, purchased 1 payment holiday item and got the following email confirmation:

NEWS
TICKETS
HOSPITALITY
MEMBERSHIP
SHOP

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for making a booking with Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. Your booking confirmation details are below:
Customer Ticket Details Date/Time Price (fee)
XXXXX
700xxxx5
Direct Debit Payment Holiday

For more information on the Payment Holiday, please CLICK HERE
For full Direct Debit terms and conditions, please CLICK HERE
Your transaction reference number is: 430XXX6
Booking Fee: £ 0.00
Total Price: £ 0.00
Lead Customer Details: XXXXXXX (70xxxxx5)
XXXXXXX, East Sussex, BN3 XXX
Delivery Method: Not Applicable

Okay thanks. Will give it a go. Presumably you have to log in as each individual season ticket holder.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay thanks. Will give it a go. Presumably you have to log in as each individual season ticket holder.

Yes it does look that way, I had to log out and then log in as my son to do his. However I didn't try clicking no of items to 2, so not sure if that would link accounts at that point.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sorry to raise this thread again. Read through this one and the other one linked by Bozza and still can't find definitive answer to my question.

The payment holiday email has 2 scenarios for DD payers,

1 Take payment holiday - pay nothing for 3 months then pay for those 3 months in form of higher monthly payments the next 9 months. (and this option assumes final 5 home games of this season are played)

2 Take payment holiday - same as 1 above, except additionally to higher payments after payment holiday, get final 5 games of this season credited back.

So here's the question? If you don't need or apply for the payment holiday and continue with your standard monthly amount, and the last 5 home games are not played, will club still credit those 5 games against your current standard DD Monthly payment? If nobody knows the answer for sure, then what's Paul barbers email? I'll write to him and ask.

Thanks in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here