Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Holders – A Scheme to Donate Your Empty Seat to Inspire Young Footballers from Low-Income Families

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If a scheme was introduced so tickets could be passed to low income families would the club insist they were paid up members before getting the ticket

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
I imagine the club can switch tickets i.e. me and you donate our separate tickets in different parts of the ground, the club sell these as usual, but without refunding us, and provide 2 adjacent tickets elsewhere to this scheme.

If the club work with a charity they can, in effect, outsource the low income decision making.

I like the principle of this scheme and would donate to it.
I think it’s @Wozza you really need to be apologizing to :lol:
Yep.... :) :)

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
I suppose the point is that the club will have access to the data on ticket sales and have the authority to shift things round a bit and organise the admin and oversee any security/vulnerable kids issues etc. It would be quite hard to organise all that 'privately' I think?
I think you are right about the club being the proper 'agent/body' to oversee security/vulnerable kids and having the authority to shift things around. I'm leaning towards the view that it would be a good idea to put forward some initial ideas to AITC (Albion In The Community) to see if they might be interested in managing part of the scheme in conjunction with the club

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
Maybe. But people could buy the tickets and donate to a charity. I just think it puts the club in a difficult situation because there are so many good causes. They already do a fair amount through Albion in the Community so perhaps that would be the starting point for anybody looking to donate tickets.
Good idea. I'm going to contact them to explore things further.

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
The club used to give schools tickets for the north shelf, but seats are in such demand now, the shelf sells to fans.
I agree, it should be done via Albion in the Community, if it was done at all.

The only other way is, if you know you can’t make a game, ask around if your mates know of anyone deserving, put your ticket on the exchange, pay full price for it, in the youngster’s name.
Interesting. You've got me thinking about how to use the exchange in some way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only the interesting ones!
Well maybe point the daft bugger in the direction of posts #52 and #54 then. I dare, nay DOUBLE dare, him to come up with something more elegant and easily implementable. Tho, to be fair, he's only just discovered the existence of the AITC and seemingly also the Ticket Exchange :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here