Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Farce @PaulBarber

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That’s a decent scheme, to be fair. However, before people accuse our loss-making club of money grabbing, it’s worth mentioning that the cheapest LFC season ticket is £140 more than the cheapest Amex seat (and that doesn’t account for inherent travel supplements). Swings and roundabouts in terms of overall costs.

Sounds like a Barber reply

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Come close Ill tell you a secret. If you use the ticket on your phone you can view the qr code, simply screen shot the qr code and give it to said friend. As long as theyre not a knobhead they should be golden getting in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sounds like a Barber reply

Yes, he's a clever ******* is Barber. Sort of bloke that thinks things through rationally rather than moaning about everything being unfair (usually the morning after a disappointing result).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Come close Ill tell you a secret. If you use the ticket on your phone you can view the qr code, simply screen shot the qr code and give it to said friend. As long as theyre not a knobhead they should be golden getting in.

QR code doesn't change, I assume?

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
It's a ballache and adds a lot more admin to the process, but the club clearly thought they needed to implement it because of covid and the need to know who was in the ground.

Bit unfair to label the club 'greedy' though on this - it wouldn't have been cheap to implement this within their ticketing system, and the club's already losing money hand over fist.

However, a better solution would be to allow people to have a ticket shared to them just by registering online, without the need to become a full-on MyAlbion+ member.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have a season ticket at a London Club. I don't use it that often these days as I no longer live in London. My mates all share it and pass it on to whoever needs it or wants it for any given match.

Then if I am going to be in London for a match they just make it available for me to pick up when I want it for myself.

The Brighton " Model " the Club would argue is because Brighton are deemed as a " low category" need for policing. And in some category matches Brighton are actually un-policed because the Police do not seem it necessary. That may have changed since the Club made it to the PL.

I think it is disgraceful that someone can't pass their season ticket on to anyone they choose so long as that person isn't banned from the Ground.

The Club are having their cake and eating it. They get the fans money up front. They get lower Policing Costs and then they get additional Administration Fees for transferring to another user. It's a rip off and should be challenged via some Consumer Body

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I put this earlier in the thread: Their cheapest adult ticket is £145 more than ours. You could indeed sign up and incorporate 5 people for the same price!

Judging by the number of people, both on here and previous threads, who have compared us with other clubs (with much higher season ticket prices) allowing this for free, I think that Paul Barber may consider that the best option would be to incorporate the extra income by stealth and just nudge up the season ticket prices by an extra £20 and then claim that they're scrapping the admin charge. It seems that that would cause fewer complaints than the current system where the cost is transparent and paid by the people that actually use the scheme.

I’d prefer to pay an extra £20 as part of a striker levy not a compulsory sign up scheme.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

I heard it was a 'dynamic' QR code so it changes every 30 seconds or so - this is to stop exactly what you are suggesting

Not sure though so would be interested to hear if anyone has actually tried it and succeeded

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No sure tbh, just screen grab each time to make sure I guess.

Sorry, I mean it doesn't change like every half hour or anything like that - I expect it does change from game to game. Sounds like you've done it successfully though, so I imagine it doesn't!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have a season ticket at a London Club. I don't use it that often these days as I no longer live in London. My mates all share it and pass it on to whoever needs it or wants it for any given match.

Then if I am going to be in London for a match they just make it available for me to pick up when I want it for myself.

The Brighton " Model " the Club would argue is because Brighton are deemed as a " low category" need for policing. And in some category matches Brighton are actually un-policed because the Police do not seem it necessary. That may have changed since the Club made it to the PL.

I think it is disgraceful that someone can't pass their season ticket on to anyone they choose so long as that person isn't banned from the Ground.

The Club are having their cake and eating it. They get the fans money up front. They get lower Policing Costs and then they get additional Administration Fees for transferring to another user. It's a rip off and should be challenged via some Consumer Body

Why and how? No one is being forced to pay the £20 extra to share their ticket.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Sorry, I mean it doesn't change like every half hour or anything like that - I expect it does change from game to game. Sounds like you've done it successfully though, so I imagine it doesn't!

Gotcha! Not that I know of as yeah I have seen it work a few times.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

It works. Something we do as well. Also works on a separate smart watch. There are ways of ensuring family and friends can go if your seat is empty without all that kerfuffle.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I heard it was a 'dynamic' QR code so it changes every 30 seconds or so - this is to stop exactly what you are suggesting

Not sure though so would be interested to hear if anyone has actually tried it and succeeded

Right yeah, dynamic would make sense but I have seen it work.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It works. Something we do as well. Also works on a separate smart watch. There are ways of ensuring family and friends can go if your seat is empty without all that kerfuffle.

Useful to know, not that I'd ever do that. Nor would I ever just sign up one person to my F&F list and transfer my ticket to their fan number regardless of who I was actually forwarding the e-mail containing the print-at-home ticket to. :dunky:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Also, if you have paid your £20 and have one A+ member on your F&F list, if you transfer a ticket to them you get sent the link and a print at home ticket to pass on. The link can be uploaded to any phone, including one that already has a valid ticket on it (so you scan both people in using the same phone).

It’s a workaround that might get stymied by the random covid doc checks at the ticket office I guess.

All the for and against arguments have been done to death. It works for people regularly sharing with the same recipients, it doesn’t work for casual, occasional sharing.

Also, in case anyone has missed it, if you transfer your ticket for a game that then gets postponed, you can’t get it back. Barber has said STHs will be able to BUY a replacement ticket……so if you follow the rules, and the person you transferred it to can’t go to the rearranged game, your ST seat will be empty and you’re going to have to pay full price for another ticket.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
That’s a decent scheme, to be fair. However, before people accuse our loss-making club of money grabbing, it’s worth mentioning that the cheapest LFC season ticket is £140 more than the cheapest Amex seat (and that doesn’t account for inherent travel supplements). Swings and roundabouts in terms of overall costs.

Would not mind paying £140 extra to actually see some entertainment and some goals at home occasionally. And at least Liverpool fans have seen us score two goals in open play whereas at Amex not seen that for 3 months !

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

I discovered it by default. I can never get a signal at the stadium, so I always screenshot my own ticket for myself so I am not faffing around at the turnstile. Therefore I use the screenshot, not the actual ticket. Always works. Same as my Covid pass. The QR code always works through the screenshot. I am also aware that 02 suggest this if you are buying pre sale tickets for gigs for someone else. My daughter bought me Alice Cooper tickets which went straight to her phone . I am not on 02. I was actually told by someone at 02 customer services, just screenshot it.
To be fair Barber is trying to stop touting, which is not what we are doing. Any self respecting punter would not take this advise from a tout.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Also, if you have paid your £20 and have one A+ member on your F&F list, if you transfer a ticket to them you get sent the link and a print at home ticket to pass on. The link can be uploaded to any phone, including one that already has a valid ticket on it (so you scan both people in using the same phone).

It’s a workaround that might get stymied by the random covid doc checks at the ticket office I guess.

All the for and against arguments have been done to death. It works for people regularly sharing with the same recipients, it doesn’t work for casual, occasional sharing.

Also, in case anyone has missed it, if you transfer your ticket for a game that then gets postponed, you can’t get it back. Barber has said STHs will be able to BUY a replacement ticket……so if you follow the rules, and the person you transferred it to can’t go to the rearranged game, your ST seat will be empty and you’re going to have to pay full price for another ticket.

Thank you, I did miss that. Completely undermines their own system, particularly in Covid times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here