Season Ticket Exchange

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The club need to find a way of helping the season ticket holders who can't make mid week games or risk losing them altogether or may mean they buy a tickets by individual games leading to them maybe missing more Saturday/ weekend games.its a difficult to organise. It would not so much of a problem if we make the premiership as I think the ticket exchange would kick in.

Not sure why they should. We all make a decision whether or not to have a season ticket. For me, each game will cost just under £24 next season so I can afford to miss a few and still save on the match by match ticket price. I know each season that I'm likely to miss 2 or 3 home games so it suits me. Assuming match prices for my seat are on average £35 then I'm saving about £300 per season which means I can afford to miss 8 home games (roughly) and still make a slight saving plus I know where I'm sitting for the games.

I don't see that we should expect the club to bend over backwards especially when we have one of the best deals around with the dd payments.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It's not the clubs rules but those of the league. That is what we were told when we had our presentation before the Amex opened. The reason is probably because clubs would have no control who used the ticket and ergo who was coming into the ground.

At the end of the day, I don't think the club have a problem if you lend your ticket to a friend who might pay you or not (depends on how good the friendship is I suppose). However, if your mate is a psycho then probably not a wise thing to do!!!

1901s shouldn't be able to share theirs then to be fair.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
If, sorry, when, we reach the Premiership, having a season ticket may prove to be the only feasible way to get in.
Can't see many people sharing, or missing games then.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
1901s shouldn't be able to share theirs then to be fair.
1901ers have a "private seat licence" included in their fee, whereas this is available as an optional extra to normal season ticket holders.

If, sorry, when, we reach the Premiership, having a season ticket may prove to be the only feasible way to get in.
Can't see many people sharing, or missing games then.
Think that is probably a bit of a fallacy. There are lots of pretty mediocre sides in the premiership and we'll be less competitive so I'm not convinced that crowds will increase significantly.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not sure why they should. We all make a decision whether or not to have a season ticket. For me, each game will cost just under £24 next season so I can afford to miss a few and still save on the match by match ticket price. I know each season that I'm likely to miss 2 or 3 home games so it suits me. Assuming match prices for my seat are on average £35 then I'm saving about £300 per season which means I can afford to miss 8 home games (roughly) and still make a slight saving plus I know where I'm sitting for the games.

I don't see that we should expect the club to bend over backwards especially when we have one of the best deals around with the dd payments.
only trying to help the club fill the seats while we are trying to get into the Premiership not everyone has the same amount of disposable income to spend on football!i take my hat off to the fans that travel hundreds of miles to watch home games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
anyone else get their season ticket letter today with the new payment for next season

It's just arrived, yes.

The only detail really is that if you DON'T want to renew, you need to call the club (0844 327 1901) before 5pm this Friday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I put my 3 tickets on it a few times, but they've never actually activated it or sold them on.

In its current guise (in our current circumstances) the exchange is an utter waste of time. The biggest flaw is that it does not differentiate bewteen individual sections of the ground - i.e. the exchange only goes live in ANY area, when EVERY area is sold out. This is stupid. For example - If a family with a couple of young nippers look online and see that the Family Stand is sold out, they will more than likely just not buy at all, rather than going for the available seats in the South stand instead. Yet on that day there will be tickets IN the family stand put up for resale by the ticket holders, that are not made available because of the way the exchange is set up.

Stupid.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The club suspend you if your caught giving your ticket to someone else Part of the terms. Think it works out at 7 games free with a season ticket so you need to make 17 to cover the cost.

To be honest generally the club aren't going to know if you've lent your ST out to anyone - I've used quite a few people's STs and nothing has happened.

It's not the clubs rules but those of the league. That is what we were told when we had our presentation before the Amex opened. The reason is probably because clubs would have no control who used the ticket and ergo who was coming into the ground.

At the end of the day, I don't think the club have a problem if you lend your ticket to a friend who might pay you or not (depends on how good the friendship is I suppose). However, if your mate is a psycho then probably not a wise thing to do!!!

I think it's actually the law rather than FL rules. A while back Sussex Police commenting that they weren't that bothered about enforcing it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
1901ers have a "private seat licence" included in their fee, whereas this is available as an optional extra to normal season ticket holders.

Think that is probably a bit of a fallacy. There are lots of pretty mediocre sides in the premiership and we'll be less competitive so I'm not convinced that crowds will increase significantly.

We have more ST holders than 10 'mediocre' PL sides & the away average of 1,000 will jump to 3k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports